Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 03:53 PM

379 posts, read 339,674 times

Advertisements

Anyone else experienced this? I used TurboTax in 2015 and no problems- now this year, when I went to e-file on TurboTax, it said "prior year AGI doesn't match." So I get on there, it says enter your 2015 AGI, amount X was the amount rejected by the IRS. Well, amount X is the correct amount.

They suggested to get an official transcript from the IRS to verify the correct AGI. I don't know what this would accomplish, since I have last year's return in front of me, and the number matches. But anyway, went to IRS web site and entered my info, and it says I can't order a transcript because they can't verify my identity based on what I entered (age, SSN, address).

It looks like my choices will be to go down the rabbit hole of trying to work with the IRS somehow to figure this out or just print the return out and file by mail. I'd rather not since it's a long return, but I guess I could. Anyone else been running into an issue like this, and if so how did you resolve it? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 08:10 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
Sounds to ME like maybe there's a second YOU out there...

Are you sure your identity wasn't stolen, and somebody else filed a return under your SSN and got the money?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:24 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
E-filing has issues.

The IRS lost my E-file tax return. I got a letter saying thanks for the check, but where is your return about a year later.

When I went to file for the current year. IRS rejected my return saying no prior year return on file!! I now send paper copies with return receipt requested.

My identity was not stolen it was totally a IRS screw-up. BTW....they lost TWO of the follow-up returns I mailed them after they lost the e-file return!!

This did occur during the IRS audit of conservative organizations and that year I did have a couple of articles published in conservative journals. God, I really hope the two were not related!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance