Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 02:45 PM

940 posts, read 968,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
So an eight foot bed means it's not base/"stock"? MSRP is $28-35k... base. Don't see an awful lot of construction-grade trucks tootling around outside of quarries, plants and heavy construction sites.
The shorter bed is a little cheaper but not much.

Stop looking at MSRP, don't be a fool, no one pays MSRP especially on a truck.

No idea what you mean by "construction grade". The initial comment was about the stock truck price. A crew cab will be more, um, duh.

Go back 30 years and you'll find the F150 was similar to our base F150. Not really comparable to shack it up against a new crew cab 4x4 or wherever you are getting your higher end pricing.

Last edited by pipsters; 02-13-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
A) I said truck not F150
B) No plumber vehicles please

I am a bit particular about my ride.
Last I checked an F150 or Ram or Chevy 1500 is a truck but I guess I was supposed to read your mind and how you define it.

I'm sure you look super cool in your "truck". I enjoy my Prius, it gets me to work and back economically.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:54 PM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
So an eight foot bed means it's not base/"stock"? MSRP is $28-35k... base. Don't see an awful lot of construction-grade trucks tootling around outside of quarries, plants and heavy construction sites.
And that is a stock truck. At least in my neck of the woods. Yes, a nice contractor truck will run you new 60-75k.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I should have thrown a prediction into post 2 about how this would turn into a contest over who could claim the oldest driver.

It's funny, though, that no one has jumped into say they're not having the slightest problem keeping up payments on their $60k pick'em'up.
I learned that lesson when my sunshine showed up with a brand new Vulcan 1500. He was such a happy camper - until a payment book came in the mail. That was his one and only vehicle purchase without adult supervision and payments for six weeks That interest still hurts today!
Five years in floor plan and dealer finance allow me an opinion?

Old 02-13-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsters View Post
Last I checked an F150 or Ram or Chevy 1500 is a truck but I guess I was supposed to read your mind and how you define it.

I'm sure you look super cool in your "truck". I enjoy my Prius, it gets me to work and back economically.
No claws please Everyone has different needs. It would take a while to haul mulch, soil, plant material in a Prius. Not to mention raw lead in 500 pound increments for the side business. Gun carts, several aluminum cases, ammo boxes, hard shells for costumes and western hats and a toy hauler.

My personal truck is one of the last Chvey S10s. Only owner, completely restaured to factory specs. It does get looks and I hope to keep it until it gets Granny tags.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:06 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,536,435 times
Back to the original topic - how long do they normally let you go delinquent on a car loan before they come get it? Seems to me it would be less than 90 days, but then again, I’ve never made a car payment late.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:09 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,753,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Back to the original topic
Please. We've had enough trucky-truck threads for the whole year.

Quote:
how long do they normally let you go delinquent on a car loan before they come get it? Seems to me it would be less than 90 days, but then again, I’ve never made a car payment late.
It depends on the lender, and ten other factors. From what I've heard, they don't typically ask for the vehicle to be returned until around 90 days, and don't start actively trying to repossess it for 120 or more.

As long as it's in the customer's hands, it's making them money in payments due and fees and penalties. Repo it, and it's just a debt to be collected.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:12 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
You just got to stay one step ahead of the repo man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mxs6A1byIo

Old 02-13-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
No claws please Everyone has different needs. It would take a while to haul mulch, soil, plant material in a Prius. Not to mention raw lead in 500 pound increments for the side business. Gun carts, several aluminum cases, ammo boxes, hard shells for costumes and western hats and a toy hauler.

My personal truck is one of the last Chvey S10s. Only owner, completely restaured to factory specs. It does get looks and I hope to keep it until it gets Granny tags.
Quote:
A) I said truck not F150
B) No plumber vehicles please

I am a bit particular about my ride.

So an old S10 is a truck but a new F150 is not?

I literally can't even with that "logic".

Old 02-13-2019, 04:20 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Bam!

"Most of the people who are behind on their bills have low credit scores and are under age 30, suggesting young people are having a difficult time paying for their cars and their student loans at the same time."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.1296bd5afac3
Wasn't it not long ago that the automakers were panicking because the under 30s were indeed buying new cars at far lower rates than previous generation, preferring an urban car-free lifestyle instead? Didn't Toyota shut down their entire Scion brand because ti skewed older buyers and not youth as they were hoping?

I wonder if a certain number of the delinquent loans were simply bad decisions by auto lenders hoping to finally hook a demographic that had been hard to sell vehicles to until they partnered up and started thinking kids and a house in the burbs in their late 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance