Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM

46 posts, read 122,938 times

Advertisements

looking to run my credit report, does anyone know a legit web site for it?
its the one that has all three score that they give you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM

532 posts, read 1,464,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliska21 View Post

Experian.com , Equifax.com or transunion.com.
When you check your own credit it does not show up as an inquiry thereby not potentially harming your score.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:12 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
While I got everyone's attention on this subject.....are company credit cards for employees, used for company travel, typically in the traveler's name and social?

My company card has my name on it and I am responsible to pay it, but a couple days ago, someone ran a credit report on me and it didn't show up. It showed my two personal cards and my mortgage but not my company credit card. I thought that was weird. I have a call into someone in my company but she hasn't got back to me yet.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM

46 posts, read 122,938 times
is there a 3 in 1 credit score report???

Old 01-15-2010, 06:27 PM

6 posts, read 11,432 times
Quote:
is there a 3 in 1 credit score report???

Yes. All three bureaus should have an option to buy a 3-in-1 credit report with credit scores. Make sure you don't sign up for their monthly 3-in-1 reporting service. What you're looking for should be one time fee priced from $29.95-$39.95. I use Equifax whenever I purchase my 3-in-1 credit report and scores.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM

262 posts, read 781,565 times
Default Please use the free service offered by law

That isDO NOT line the pockets of the big three CB. go to annualreport.com

Cherck the FTC site (Federal Trade Commission) to verify that it is a legit site. You can get a report from each of the 3 CB. You will not get the numerical score but so what? if you are applying for credit your bank or CU will tell you your score. Many CUs post your score for your use free every quarter. Redstone CU does not do this but I hold no love for them. Try Alliant CU, if you atre a member of the PTA you qualify for membership with them and you get 2% on your savings to boot, but I digress.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 PM

692 posts, read 1,502,746 times
You are also able to get one of each free each year at.....
www.annualcreditreport.com

This allows you to monitor your credit yearly, it was part of a deal with the credit bureaus and the gov't a few years back.

To answer Charles' question....
most company issued credit cards are set up on the companies record-not yours. They may have billing provisions(ie sending it to you), however it is TYPICALLY not under your social, but every company has different rules.

The biggest reason that company cards are not issued individually is for several reasons 1) you could have an employee with bad or too much credit who is unable to be issued a card in their own name 2)no control over terms, this is similar to number 1 in that each employees credit score will be different-companies(especially large companies) are able to negotiate their own credit terms 3) lack of control. If someone were to miss a payment for whatever reason, the company needs to be aware, if someone were to quit paying the bill in full each month, the company needs to be aware, etc etc.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:38 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,956,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie2 View Post
To answer Charles' question....
most company issued credit cards are set up on the companies record-not yours. They may have billing provisions(ie sending it to you), however it is TYPICALLY not under your social, but every company has different rules.

The biggest reason that company cards are not issued individually is for several reasons

1) you could have an employee with bad or too much credit who is unable to be issued a card in their own name

2)no control over terms, this is similar to number 1 in that each employees credit score will be different-companies(especially large companies) are able to negotiate their own credit terms

3) lack of control. If someone were to miss a payment for whatever reason, the company needs to be aware, if someone were to quit paying the bill in full each month, the company needs to be aware, etc etc.
Another way of looking at this is that, the coporate card belongs to the company. They can monitor what you charged (per company policy - only expenses related to authorized business travel, etc.) and can discipline employees when dilinquent in making payments.

But I see the biggest advantage is that it eliminates conflicts between the employee & the company when for some reason the expense is not being reimbursed. Emotion & tension can be high when this affects employees credit rating.

This happend to a few of us back in the 'dark ages' when my company's travel audit department was over jealous and nick-pick every minor expenses and many of our expense reports were being rejected and had to do it over again. On top of that, the travel audit department was very slow in processing expense report, a back-log jam was created and often takes 6 weeks to get processed. Some employees were so upset that they threaten to refuse to travel until their latest expenses are reimbursed.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,956,826 times
Quote:
As someone posted on above, they don't give you the credit scores. You'll have to pay for those. Due to the new scoring system, not all 3 reporting agencies use the same method, so you'll have at least two different scores.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:48 PM

38 posts, read 92,739 times
This website provides you a credit report card for free, gives you an estimated credit score, and is a "soft" pull on your credit, which means it won't negatively impact your credit score.

From one of the personal finance blogs: » Your Credit Report Card | Get Rich Slowly

The "website number" is https://www.credit.com/ufg/default/ccom_credit_report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance