Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 AM

48 posts, read 107,453 times

Advertisements

I'm not confident the bank will approve me
I don't want to apply for the loan if I will just be denied

Embarrassed to say, I have high revolving credit card debt.
Almost maxed out, at 95% revolving ratio
My Debt-to-Income ratio is 20% if I exclude my car loan
My FICO scores (March 2013) are: 675 TU / 672 EQ
12 year credit history, only one "bad" on my report: a 30-day late payment on my car loan was reported Jan 2011

My car will be paid off in September and I hear/read that if auto or personal loans have 8 payments or less, they do not include those in your DTI. Anybody ever hear this? How important is DTI when applied for an unsecurred loan?

I'm just trying to give you a idea of my credit profile. I was thinking about applying for a personal loan at LendingClub.

Trying to get back on the right path, please leave all personal opinions to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,470,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Fox View Post
Trying to get back on the right path, please leave all personal opinions to yourself.
Give us the numbers so we can help...

What is the credit limit? how much are you MAXed out? How much loan are you looking for etc.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 AM

I gave you some numbers, tell me why.

I'm aiming for a $5,000 or $3,000 loan.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 AM

34,111 posts, read 83,076,821 times
Quote:
The numbers owed to each entity and at what rate.
Why? Because it's rarely advantageous to consolidate...
and especially not with any of those "consumer loan" outfits.

$3-5,000 means $100 a week in OT or a part time job or no Cable.
One year of toughing it out and your done. Do that.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:26 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,152,733 times
Unless you have the mindset to not use the cards again, chances are you’ll head down the same slope after consolidating.

Just slog through what you have as it sits

Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Unless you have the mindset to not use the cards again, chances are you’ll head down the same slope after consolidating.

Just slog through what you have as it sits
Great, another A+ great city-data post, nothing unusual for this community.

I was at 50% utilization, but two of my cards had their limits cut in half.

I'm not looking for personal opinions, I'm trying to get advice on what banks look at/or require for approving personal loans; afterall, they are secretive about it. At least a ball-park figure.

Just nevermind, I will figure it out on my own. After re-calculating my DTI, its actually 16%; once my car-loan is paid off I will take the risk of a hard-pull on my credit report, by September even more of my debt will be paid off since I'm working two jobs, so just maybe they will approve me.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:32 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,276,443 times
Quote:
Great, another A+ great city-data post, nothing unusual for this community.

I'm not looking for personal opinions, I'm trying to get advice on what banks look at/or require for approving personal loans; afterall, they are secretive about it. At least a ball-park figure.

Just nevermind, I will figure it out on my own. After re-calculating my DTI, its actually 16%; once my car-loan is paid off I will take the risk of a hard-pull on my credit report, by September even more of my debt will be paid off since I'm working two jobs, so just maybe they will approve me.
Have you ever been on the internet? People will be rude....when they can't see that person or see their reactions besides just words on a screen they react different. No need to be rude back. It is common knowledge that when you post these type of questions you will get bludgeoned with a few gem posts. The "bludgeoning posts" need to be asked though.

People don't go in debt or file bankruptcy for no reason. There is a cause for this and usual it is someone who can't manage their finances and spend all the time. So just because you fix this situation people want to know that you will learn your lesson and come out on the right side and not spend away like before.

Why did you have 2 cards at 50% utilization anyways? That is a valid question. Who says you won't do this again aftger you paid these cards off?

Again this is the internet. Your not my friend and I can't see you react to what were saying. So most being are quite blunt. Deal with it or grow a pair.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,136,890 times
Quote:
That's because your credit rating fell below 680. You need to build it back up, another loan, if you can get get, won't really help. You'll take yet another hit on your credit report and because of your rating you won't get a decent interest rate and you've just increased your debt to income ratio which could potentially be an interim problem. I'd keep paying everything off as your doing.

I suspect the advice you getting from the others is harsh as its born out of experience, i.e. don't do it. I think they're right.

Once you get through this, get your card paid off, get your credit cards under control you'll be in great shape.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyYot View Post
That's because your credit rating fell below 680. You need to build it back up, another loan, if you can get get, won't really help. You'll take yet another hit on your credit report and because of your rating you won't get a decent interest rate and you've just increased your debt to income ratio which could potentially be an interim problem. I'd keep paying everything off as your doing.

I suspect the advice you getting from the others is harsh as its born out of experience, i.e. don't do it. I think they're right.

Once you get through this, get your card paid off, get your credit cards under control you'll be in great shape.
Interesting, is 680 a magic number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
...Why did you have 2 cards at 50% utilization anyways? That is a valid question. Who says you won't do this again aftger you paid these cards off?

The house I paid cash for (didn't qualify for FHA loan because of needed repairs) cost me much more in repairs than I envisioned, so I pulled out the charge cards.

And as you said, no need to be rude.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:32 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,286,872 times
Quote:

I'm aiming for a $5,000 or $3,000 loan.
Because if you give us real numbers of what you owe and what you earn and what you spend on, we might be able to help you find a way to cut back in order to wipe out your debt with out having to consolidate.

Although I'd probably tell you to cut everything extra out right now and put every penny towards debt and get out of it in a few months, and a handful of people would tell you to sell your car and buy a cheaper one, then we'd get into a fight about that, because where a number of us live there are no cheap cars that are worth having...

But really -- I'm in agreement, we don't have enough information to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance