Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about glue traps?
They are horrible, barbaric tool! They should be outlawed! 42 66.67%
I admit they are pretty cruel, though not against using them. 10 15.87%
I love them! Don't care about the cruelty. 11 17.46%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:13 PM

44 posts, read 30,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
Not true. Mineral oil will get them right out. So will corn oil. Olive oil. Sesame oil. Truffle oil. Peanut oil. Many options. Or you can just kill it.

That said, if you want to get rid of glue traps, you'll want to get rid of warfarin when you read about the kill mechanism, then "band" traps, then kinetic traps and, finally, cats.
None of which are any where near as bad as glue traps are. If people want to catch and release, a cage trap or the multitude of live traps can do just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,220,880 times
I feel sorry for the person that voted they loved these horrible things and don't care about cruelty... you are heartless and vile. I will pray for you tonight.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:21 AM

257 posts, read 177,595 times
I think a swift snap and a broken neck is a much more merciful way to get rid of them. Plus glue traps are messy if you don't realize one is there and step on it. And yes, I have accidentally touched a traditional mouse trap and it hurt, but by and large I think the benefits outweigh the downsides.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:53 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,030 times
Absolutely amazed (and saddened) that there were votes that were okay with using them and two votes who happy using the traps and don't care that they are cruel. That's some sick s_t.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Horrid, horrible, barbaric things that should be outlawed.

I don't let my mind wander to even think about what the poor creature goes through, who has the misfortune of stepping on one.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:20 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
We recently had mice in my wifes car, and they had already eaten a hole in the protective hood insulator and we found droppings inside.

Unfortunately snap traps are not effective when you have to use the car regardless of the mice. The glue traps are. I double taped one down to a spot inside the engine bay, one on the carpet on the passenger side near the ducting and one in the hatchback.

We caught 4 mice in 2 days.

Yeah it's not preferred, but having your electrical wiring gnawed can be a multiple thousand dollar repair. Sorry- but glue traps for the job=right tool for the job.

A lot of vehicles wiring these days are made with a soy based wire coating instead of plastic. It's now an attractant for critters.

Rodents Are Feasting On Newer Cars' Soy-Based Wiring Insulation - The Drive

Old 09-05-2018, 05:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
We recently had mice in my wifes car, and they had already eaten a hole in the protective hood insulator and we found droppings inside.

Unfortunately snap traps are not effective when you have to use the car regardless of the mice. The glue traps are. I double taped one down to a spot inside the engine bay, one on the carpet on the passenger side near the ducting and one in the hatchback.

We caught 4 mice in 2 days.

Yeah it's not preferred, but having your electrical wiring gnawed can be a multiple thousand dollar repair. Sorry- but glue traps for the job=right tool for the job.

A lot of vehicles wiring these days are made with a soy based wire coating instead of plastic. It's now an attractant for critters.

Rodents Are Feasting On Newer Cars' Soy-Based Wiring Insulation - The Drive
I get mice in my vehicles continually. Moth balls may not always repel mice. That's why I have Havahart live traps which hold bait.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
I agree but then when I saw rats suffer and not die in snap traps I stopped that too
Bottom line I don’t like killing but we do it don’t we a lot

Old 09-05-2018, 07:10 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I get mice in my vehicles continually. Moth balls may not always repel mice. That's why I have Havahart live traps which hold bait.
That’s awesome. Those glue traps work too.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:41 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
Moved as this is not really a Pet topic.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House