Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 06:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times

Advertisements

This is so important and more municipalities should be doing the same. This will put puppy mills out of business.

https://www.thedodo.com/puppy-mills-...023432625.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 09:08 PM

289 posts, read 504,565 times
Where I'm from we're kind of out in the country. There never used to be such a thing as pet stores that sold larger animals like dogs or cats. It used to be if you didn't want a mutt from the animal shelter you went to a breeder for a pet, and when you did so you visited the breeder's home and met the puppy/kitten's parents(s). You could tell what kind of environment they were raised in (usually a farm), and there were no "puppy mills" The whole idea of buying a puppy or kitten at a store is new to me, now that some of these stores have been popping up. I can see the allure, though. You stop at the mall, view an assortment of cuddly critters, and take one home same day, no phone calls, no visiting someone's house.

I like the idea of pet stores displaying adoptable animals because it gives these animals some much needed exposure that they wouldn't normally get. It satisfies the convenience and wide selection factors the same as pet stores that sell their own animals. The Petsmarts and Petcos around me have adoption days, and I adopted my rabbit from a Petco that was housing some from the local humane society.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:42 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
I get my pets free from friends or the pound. I pound a dog once and took it to the pound. Told the lady if nobody ckaims him to call me. She called. I went and paid the fees and took her home.
I won't buy a dog off a Craiglist breeder. I would buy from a real breeder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets