Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 04:54 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,869 times

Advertisements

This Doc is about an hour long, and very interesting. Gives a brief history on Kensington and talks about how Levittown in Bucks County had a role in its downfall. Something I never had heard about. It goes into the drug trade, and talks about gentrification. Can not confirm the accuracy of the stated facts in the doc, but still a worth while watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=925wmb-4Yr4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2024, 12:18 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,510,947 times
Jazzy Jeff, you think the druggies on Kensington Ave. are knowledgable about how Kensington ave. got like that? Lol. I got a bridge to sell to you.

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 01-14-2024 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: trying to be nicer

Old 01-14-2024, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Jazzy Jeff, you think the druggies on Kensington Ave. are knowledgable about how Kensington ave. got like that? Lol. I got a bridge to sell to you.
When did I imply the druggies were supplying information to the host of this documentary? Watch it. It is not the typical youtubers type Kenzo vlog.

Old 01-15-2024, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
When did I imply the druggies were supplying information to the host of this documentary? Watch it. It is not the typical youtubers type Kenzo vlog.
But it is. I watched a few minutes on a few parts. It suggests that the reason Kensington is so “bad” is that outside forces “want real estate prices to go down so investors can take over!”. That’s heinously stupid and disconnected from reality completely.

YouTube is a hive of cultural rot

Old 01-15-2024, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
But it is. I watched a few minutes on a few parts. It suggests that the reason Kensington is so “bad” is that outside forces “want real estate prices to go down so investors can take over!”. That’s heinously stupid and disconnected from reality completely.

YouTube is a hive of cultural rot
Did you see the the meeting with the 2 guys that control the tranq trade in the city? Cartel driven, and what happens to dealers who do not play by their rules? Starts about 10 mins into the video.

Old 01-15-2024, 11:35 AM

2,045 posts, read 783,243 times
Quote:
Did you see the the meeting with the 2 guys that control the tranq trade in the city? Cartel driven, and what happens to dealers who do not play by their rules? Starts about 10 mins into the video.
I'm always sceptical about the drug dealers/criminals on these Vice-type documentaries. They're entertaining as heck, but why would these people share their secrets with the world (even if they are all covered up)?

Old 01-16-2024, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
I'm always sceptical about the drug dealers/criminals on these Vice-type documentaries. They're entertaining as heck, but why would these people share their secrets with the world (even if they are all covered up)?

There's no secret undercover gangster kings living like Al Capone. They're fat losers living with their moms in dumpy little houses driving around dodge chargers on dirty streets. third world losers who don't know anything about anything other than drugs are addictive. Filth.

Old 01-16-2024, 07:00 AM

1,386 posts, read 910,368 times
Quote:
This Doc is about an hour long, and very interesting. Gives a brief history on Kensington and talks about how Levittown in Bucks County had a role in its downfall. Something I never had heard about. It goes into the drug trade, and talks about gentrification. Can not confirm the accuracy of the stated facts in the doc, but still a worth while watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=925wmb-4Yr4
I haven't watched this to hear exactly what they said, but Levittown and the surrounding area down to Bristol has had a big problem with opioids for many years.

Old 01-16-2024, 08:37 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,160,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
I haven't watched this to hear exactly what they said, but Levittown and the surrounding area down to Bristol has had a big problem with opioids for many years.
That may then be where they end up if/when the city gets serious about rehabbing the area.

Old 01-16-2024, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
The mention of Levittown in the doc was the journalists claim that the development of Levittown was what started the white flight from Kensington. His claim was that Levittown was the go too place for the whites looking to move out. The Levittown homes were considerably cheaper to buy then in other suburban communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia