Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,847 times

Advertisements

just wondering how cold does it get in Casa Grande at night in the winter and for how many hours is it the coldest? So does it get below 30 and stay that cold for 3 or more hours at night?

Just wondering, I might be homeless next winter ok not really but, but I will have a short one month job and my trailer is not a winter type of trailer. so will it freeze up on me while I am at work?? The job will be at night and I will be gone 10-12 hours at night.

Last edited by doit2010; 03-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM

641 posts, read 2,367,318 times
It is not that much cooler in than Phx. At the most 10 degrees but usually about a 4 degree difference. [mod cut-- off topic]

Last edited by observer53; 03-17-2012 at 11:21 PM..

Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,435,088 times
The coldest time of day is right before sunrise. It could get below 30, but usually not for that long. Not to say it couldn't happen, but it certainly isn't common.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,140,723 times
I don't know about trailers and insulation but I would imagine they are more prone to temp swings than homes. The trailer will most certainly get cold on cold nights, which will be most nights in winter. But it shouldn't be an issue as far as I can imagine? It would probably still be warmer inside than out...but it won't be like 15, maybe 25-35 on most winter nights. And yes, the coldest temperatures are usually brief, but if it's in the upper 30s for several hours and then dips to 28 before sunrise for an hour, the trailer will be chilly to say the least.

My apartment got down to the upper 50s inside this winter during a week of cold weather. I had to use a space heater...and went around all bundled up inside. I guess it depends on your personal tolerance...but in an unheated environment, on a cold day in the 50s followed by cold nights below 30, which you certainly will see in Casa Grande, you will experience uncomfortably chilly room temps for sure.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doit2010 View Post
just wondering how cold does it get in Casa Grande at night in the winter and for how many hours is it the coldest? So does it get below 30 and stay that cold for 3 or more hours at night?

Just wondering, I might be homeless next winter ok not really but, but I will have a short one month job and my trailer is not a winter type of trailer. so will it freeze up on me while I am at work?? The job will be at night and I will be gone 10-12 hours at night.
The short answer: Yes, it could - but it may not.

Perhaps you could rent a garage space for the month to park in, particularly at night? While most people's garages aren't heated, they're fully enclosed and in such close proximity to a heated house, it would probably be enough to keep your trailer safe.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doit2010 View Post

As a former RV full-timer who spent most of the winter of 2010 in Casa Grande I can tell you that yes indeed it gets below freezing a few times and can hover around freezing during the night for a couple of days. You're trailer probably won't totally freeze up BUT the water supply line can/will freeze. What most RV'rs do is disconnect the water line just before going to bed (or before work in your case) and reconnect it after it warms up. Whatever you do, do NOT shut off the heat inside your rig or your lines inside will freeze. Leave your cabinet doors open so the heat can get into them as that's where the water lines run. If you're really concerned (and not in an RV park that won't allow it) take some cardboard or hay bales and put it around your trailer like skirting and leave a flood light turned on underneath. This should keep things warm enough so the dump lines etc don't freeze up. If you're on 30A/50A shore power (vs propane heat) go over to walmart and pick up a small space heater w/thermostat and use that to keep the inside warm while you're away. Their electricity is way cheaper than your propane I guarantee you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area