Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 AM

7,340 posts, read 12,439,890 times

Advertisements

Condor - New Condor gateway Phoenix now on Sale

Tickets are on sale now. Route will run May through September 2018, with flights operating on Mondays and Fridays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 11:13 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,774,283 times
That's cool, more international flights is a good thing. Is condor a specialized airline ?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:30 AM

7,340 posts, read 12,439,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
That's cool, more international flights is a good thing. Is condor a specialized airline ?
They are a German leisure airline.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:46 PM

8,674 posts, read 10,223,795 times
Woohoo!

Old 06-23-2017, 07:53 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,007,507 times
Very cool!

Que negative nancies in 3 2 1

Old 06-23-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Very cool!

Que negative nancies in 3 2 1
Exactly, that's 2 trans-Atlantic international expansions this year but of course that won't be exciting enough... because ________ city has _______ many flights.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Exactly, that's 2 trans-Atlantic international expansions this year but of course that won't be exciting enough... because ________ city has _______ many flights.
While not a trans-Atlantic expansion, the Montreal flights returned as well. Looking down the road, I would imagine that WN will likely begin direct flights to Hawaii once they acquire the 737 Max 8

Old 06-23-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
While not a trans-Atlantic expansion, the Montreal flights returned as well. Looking down the road, I would imagine that WN will likely begin direct flights to Hawaii once they acquire the 737 Max 8
I could see that happening, I know the city leadership has been seeking a trans-pacific route, maybe that will happen as well. While I think it's really cool, I can honestly say I don't travel international much and when I do it doesn't really bug me to stop on the West Coast or in London or wherever... I kind of like breaking the time up and getting off the plane for a while.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:32 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,033,378 times
While international flights are good, but what is overlooked in all of this is that Phoenix is virtually paying airlines to fly here. If you read the articles they are reducing fees and and giving incentives to Condor, and other airlines as well. Guess what, if / when those incentives are gone; I can bet the flights will be too.

I don't think cities should be paying for airlines to come here, it should be based on demand. That has more staying power. New York, Chicago, LA, Miami and Las Vegas don't have to pay for airlines to come to those cities. We all know it's a supply and demand at play here, unless it's skewed by paying airlines to fly routes.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
While international flights are good, but what is overlooked in all of this is that Phoenix is virtually paying airlines to fly here. If you read the articles they are reducing fees and and giving incentives to Condor, and other airlines as well. Guess what, if / when those incentives are gone; I can bet the flights will be too.

I don't think cities should be paying for airlines to come here, it should be based on demand. That has more staying power. New York, Chicago, LA, Miami and Las Vegas don't have to pay for airlines to come to those cities. We all know it's a supply and demand at play here, unless it's skewed by paying airlines to fly routes.
Phoenix is hardly alone in offering incentives. Other cities like Pittsburgh, Providence, Austin, and San Diego that are also closer in proximity to other competing, much larger airports/hubs/larger cities also provided incentives to Condor and other airlines in order to lure them and help raise their profiles as business and leisure destinations.

Regarding Las Vegas:
Quote:
Another lure to attract new international flights is a three-year air service incentive program that will run through June 2019. Under the program, carriers offering new or expanded international service can apply to have some airport fees abated for between six and 24 months. Jones explained the program is designed as a competitive edge against other airports offering incentives and that it isn’t a subsidy or revenue guarantee program.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...gates-planned/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: