Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:42 PM

181 posts, read 696,996 times

Advertisements

Visited a few furniture place, but not so sure about their quality. We are thinking to buy some at Ashley Furniture. What do you think about their quality? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 11:08 PM

What about Costco Furnitures?

Old 12-25-2009, 11:31 PM

294 posts, read 989,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthinker View Post
What about Costco Furnitures?
i belive costco furniture may have closed down.. but i've always had good luck at Pruitt's and price is always decent and the furniture very stylish.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:50 AM

426 posts, read 1,306,515 times
If you're looking for cheap furniture and not overly concerned with quality of building materials and construction, then Ashley is a good choice.

We bought quite a bit of furniture from them back in the summer and had a limited budget for it. We bought a large dresser, two night stands, queen sized bed frame, leather couch, leather chair, and a suede glider chair all for around $3,000.

I did notice after delivery the glider chair has at least one piece of wood with some tree bark still on it. Also noticed later that the dresser drawers don't have the dove tail construction like some of our more expensive furniture in the house.

As long as you're aware you're getting "ok" quality furniture, then they aren't a bad choice.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:58 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
If you want really good quality, you have to pay for it... Ashley is certainly nothing special, I haven't been in Pruitt's for years, but stylish would not have been a word that came to mind based on the last time I was there.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Thank you guys for the advice. We want something last 10 years or more. We may just order it from costco.com instead of Ashley. I believe Costco has quality furniture.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:24 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,569,502 times
I have expensive and modern taste, combined with Arizona type of furnishing. Looks eclectic, like a Dutch Arizonan. By that I mean I buy Copenhagen furniture and Arizona Leather furniture. My bed frame is modern and certainly does not look like it came from the 1770s. My sofa and chair are luxury leather. I cannot stand antiques because I hate the idea of wanting to live in the past - who'd want to? Just my own philosophy.

Edit: Bed frame is from Copenhagen. Had it since 1997 and it looks just as good as new.

Last edited by Howard Roark; 12-26-2009 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 12-26-2009, 11:46 AM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,511 times
I bought an office combination desk and bookshelves from Ashley and am happy with it. My biggest problem with Ashley is you usually have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you want the furniture right away, I have had good luck with the Roomstore. It may not be the highest quality but I have found it to be a good value for the price.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:33 PM

682 posts, read 2,566,385 times
One thing you have to be careful of at Ashley's is that some of their furniture that looks like wood is really some type of compressed cardboard made to look like wood.

When we were in a store that carried Ashley there was a large wine holder with a 2" thick top that looked like wood. It had been in the the rain and the top was a mush of compressed cardboard that was ripped apart on one side because of water. The piece of furniture looked like real wood and it has matching dinette tables which are possibly the same non wood material.

After seeing this, I have been concerned as to how much of the rest of their furniture is fake wood.

altus2006

Old 12-26-2009, 01:19 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
A good portion of furniture today is made of composite materials with a veneer wood finish. Solid wood furniture will be very expensive, but the quality is there.
Ashley Furniture is way over rated. It is so-so furniture that is way overpriced due to high commissioned salespeople that you have to deal with. As soon as you hit the door they're on you like flies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area