Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,117 times

Advertisements

I know it sounds stupid, but I've belonged to Gold's forever and the closest one to my new place is over 20 miles away. No way am I doing a 40-50 mile round trip for a gym. I live right where I-17 meets Carefreee Hwy, zip is 85086 and I'm pretty close to Anthem too. Is there a decent directory somewhere? I'm getting hit or miss with my online searches. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 04:01 PM

674 posts, read 2,553,778 times
Try looking up your address on maps.google.com then click on "Find businesses" and type in "gym" or "fitness" and see what comes up.

I typed in your zip code and came up with Little Gym of Anthem, 4122 West Innovative Drive #102, Anthem, AZ. Seems to be the best and closest to that zip code but you'll get better results if you search for you exact address rather than just a zip code.

Also, call the place before you go to make sure they are actually there.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 PM

41 posts, read 164,460 times
Little Gym is a kids gym.

Try seeing if there is a gym by Norterra. That might be close. There are some gyms about 8 miles to the East in Cave Creek, but I think there must be something closer by now with all that has been built and is being built in your area.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:39 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,117 times
I went exploring on the bike today after I wrote down a few addresses. I could not find Snap Fitness in Cave Creek. Address simply did not exist and I just got vm when I called. I found another one on Lone Mountain, but the membership guy had already left for the night and I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days. I'd like to keep it within a 12 mile radius. Will explore some more next week.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,169,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymom View Post

Try seeing if there is a gym by Norterra. That might be close. There are some gyms about 8 miles to the East in Cave Creek, but I think there must be something closer by now with all that has been built and is being built in your area.
LOL, that's funny about the Little Gym. I was thinking the same thing.

I don't recall a gym over here at Norterra or the whole Happy Valley area. The only gym like places are Curves on every corner, and we all know that won't work for him!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 AM

674 posts, read 2,553,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymom View Post

A gym for kids?!?! Wow.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,169,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower123 View Post
A gym for kids?!?! Wow.
It's for small kids and it's more gymnastics than anything.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 AM

41 posts, read 164,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I went exploring on the bike today after I wrote down a few addresses. I could not find Snap Fitness in Cave Creek. Address simply did not exist and I just got vm when I called. I found another one on Lone Mountain, but the membership guy had already left for the night and I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days. I'd like to keep it within a 12 mile radius. Will explore some more next week.
Freedom Fitness is the gym on Lone Mountain. It is fine, nothing fancy.

I thought there was a fitness place that opened up on Carefree Highway, near Dove Valley Ranch, but I don't know its name. There is also Black Mountain Fitness if you go into the town of Cave Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: