Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 07:03 AM

262 posts, read 202,547 times

Advertisements

It seems as if it is happening more and more frequent. Yesterday there was a homeless man being chased off of a hotel property for trespassing because he was visibly homeless. No shirt no shoes and just walking around in the Arizona desert heat.

There’s a video of a police officer walking behind him and probably telling him to stop but we can’t hear that. But we can see is the police officer just decides to shoot him because he’s tired of chasing him on foot at a slow pace.

What’s the excuse for this one? Because the man was homeless? Because he was so mentally to ranged that he didn’t understand what was being said to him? What’s the excuse for shooting him with a gun?

The police say they use the Taser but it did not work. My concern is if the man was an armed why couldn’t five of them jump on him to take him to the ground instead of shooting him with a gun? Our Police Department has prove that they don’t mind beating people up I would rather see someone get tackled than shot, wouldn’t you?

Maybe it’s the heat. Maybe the cops that signed up to be cops in the desert can’t really take being cops in the desert. And that’s OK. They should find other lines of work.

If anyone wonders why I am so adamant about these police shootings, it’s because you and I cannot do these things to people and get away with them.

You know the law states if someone breaks in your house, you can only shoot them if they are posing a threat to you in your home. They can’t run out of the house and you chased him down the street and shoot them and it still justified. So what’s the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 07:09 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,371,820 times
"So what’s the difference?"...if he/she is running away from you, you are no longer threatened....just like the homeless man you just described above. It's all about accountability and severe consequences for human rights violations by law enforcement. Start sending LEO's to prison for said violations and the abuse will stop.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-13-2018, 08:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
After watching the citizen "rear view mirror" video on the news this morning it does look like a bad shoot...

Old 06-13-2018, 08:04 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Interesting "one sided" point of view, AndyDwyer . . .

Have you considered the "rights" of the Hotel Proprietors, the Hotel Employees as well as the Hotel Guests?

Show me a "homeless hangout" and I'll show you an abundance of Trash and Filth (paper cups, beer bottles, pizza boxes, etc) arrogantly thrown all over the ground in spite of trash receptacles nearby.

Self Respect and Respect for others works both ways.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:08 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
It says the guy was throwing punches at patrons at a motel. That's a tough one. Did the cop think it was a knife? Was it his handcuff?

Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 AM

277 posts, read 276,641 times
It’s a city of 1.6 million people, the police are going to kill people and most of them are justifiable even ones that may be tragic

I am not a police apologist god knows I had my trouble with them when I was younger but this focus today on scrutinizing every police interaction doesn’t help anything, all it does is discourage police from policing.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,969,862 times
And how many murders across the USA happened last night by scumbags? How many fathers or mothers or daughters or sons were sent to the grave at the hands of a careless idiot? We should focus on that stuff first before what the police do. Everyone is up in arms if the police shoot someone, but they could care less that a murder happened blocks from them.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:13 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
And how many murders across the USA happened last night by scumbags? How many fathers or mothers or daughters or sons were sent to the grave at the hands of a careless idiot? We should focus on that stuff first before what the police do. Everyone is up in arms if the police shoot someone, but they could care less that a murder happened blocks from them.
Excellent point, BIG CATS . . .

Putting this particular scumbag out of his misery could very well have saved dozens of innocent lives in the future, possibly even more.

Thank God for the Cops out there putting their lives on the line everyday in an effort to protect all of us.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:05 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,922,430 times
hate to bring up Chicago again, but, since BC and I are both from there, we know that the public is outraged when a cop shoots anyone there now, and is scrutinized, fired, or put on public shame/trial, but the hundreds of punks who kill each other every week there are never discussed with the same out rage..

unjustified shooting of civilians is never a good thing, but dont think that the vast majority of people shot by cops dont deserve it, and, as Bummer pointed out, might save you, me, or your family from being a victim of there's down the road..the vast majority of these scumbags are career criminals, who got away with tons of crimes before finally meeting their maker..

Old 06-13-2018, 11:42 AM

151 posts, read 107,702 times
It's alarming when people see no difference between criminals killing each other and members of the police force murdering private citizens of a country. If that's what you want your country to be - the police allowed to be judge, jury, and executioner at their own discretion - so be it. But IMO that way lies madness.

To say people deserve to die for crimes they might commit in the future...wow, that's some Orwellian sh*t right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: