Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 10:01 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,449,737 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with a valley car dealership that accepts Cryptocurrency as a form of payment? Just searching Google I found several, but they were out of state (I found GA, MI, UT and a couple others with a cursory search).

Btw I'm not really looking for exotic vehicles, just a regular car dealership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 10:53 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Is anyone familiar with a valley car dealership that accepts Cryptocurrency as a form of payment? Just searching Google I found several, but they were out of state (I found GA, MI, UT and a couple others with a cursory search).

Why don't you just cash out your holdings and purchase a car like a normal person?

Old 09-14-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Why don't you just cash out your holdings and purchase a car like a normal person?
That does not answer the posed question at all. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread why don't you just keep scrolling like a normal person?

Old 09-14-2021, 06:11 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:

Tesla. https://www.tesla.com/findus/locatio...ttsdaleservice

Old 09-14-2021, 06:48 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Check with Carvana. Nothing specific on their website but I have read some of their sellers may accept cryptocurrency.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:19 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I think Tesla paused their crypto acceptance.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:31 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Check with Carvana. Nothing specific on their website but I have read some of their sellers may accept cryptocurrency.
What do you mean their sellers? Carvana is the seller (virtual dealer).

Old 09-15-2021, 10:39 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
Quote:
That does not answer the posed question at all. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread why don't you just keep scrolling like a normal person?
I think it’s a valid question. Although I would have framed it like this:

What is the advantage of not using a crypto exchange before buying a new car?

Old 09-16-2021, 06:27 AM

Firstly, thank you to everyone who chimed in with their valid input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I think it’s a valid question. Although I would have framed it like this:

What is the advantage of not using a crypto exchange before buying a new car?
Secondly, albeit slightly off topic, I do not mind answering this question at all, because it was phrased in a respectful way:

So, as a little background, you should know that in a legal sense, Cryptocurrency (in the United States) is legally not a currency at all, it is a digital asset. It has however become legal tender in El Salvador, and talks of implementation are being discussed in Paraguay and the Ukraine, among other countries. Many countries, to include the United States, are currently developing their own federally issued digital currency, or CBDC. One way or another, digital currency is coming. A quick Google search could confirm all this and give further information if you are so inclined.

So to answer your question more directly: for those of us enthusiastic about Cryptocurrency, it is a huge milestone to be able to use crypto as it was intended, as an actual currency. More and more businesses are beginning to accept it as payment. The use of crypto in this manner just brings it more legitimacy, and I, being in the market for a new automobile, would like to do my part and contribute to the legitimizing of this digital asset and help it transcend the bridge to become an actual currency.

So with the passage of time, if anyone stumbles upon this thread and is aware of any car dealership that accepts Cryptocurrency, please drop the info below.

Old 09-16-2021, 06:53 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
So with the passage of time, if anyone stumbles upon this thread and is aware of any car dealership that accepts Cryptocurrency, please drop the info below.
The problem that you'll run into in acceptance of crypto for large scale purchases (especially highly regulated industries like auto) is that auto dealers are subject the tax and OFAC reporting requirement scrutiny beyond day to day (i.e. hand to hand) transactions. A bridge too far for the average dealer (at this time).

Side note - no one owes you "respectful" questions - "normal people" buy cars with greenbacks (statistically speaking). So that question wasn't out of line in the least bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area