Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 07:44 PM

17 posts, read 13,254 times

Advertisements

I do not understand why these daycares and supposedly child care centers do this. They will post jobs on Indeed, Simply hired or even Craigslist and then when you apply, they'll either reject your submission or will message you asking for an interview, you respond with a date and then they "ghost" you as the young people say.

Then, a week later, they post ads once again stating that they're hiring. Like what in the ACTUALLY h-e-double hockey sticks? And you can have decades and decades of experience, credentials and yet....nothing. I've been here (again) in this state since September of last year and I STILL have not found one teaching job. It's starting to make me wish I never moved back here. These childcare centers and daycares are ridiculous and they get upset, it seems, when you come to work actually expecting....get this...TO WORK.

One interview I had, they said, "well, we're looking for people who don't take off, because we need consistency." I told them that in my TWENTY-FOUR years of experience, I have never taken a day off and that even during my lunch break, I will clock out and then go back in the classroom to work because that's how dedicated of a teacher I am. The director looked at me like I was nuts and....never heard from that director again, like WTF???

And it's not about pay anymore, I'll accept $15, (I won't go lower than that because I mean, I have to make enough to actually SURVIVE), I can't get past the Indeed submission part of anything and my resume is top notch, I had it professionally written. So it's not that....I just don't get it and I'm sick of it. I'm seriously thinking of just taking a McDonald's job and then saving up enough to move OUT of Arizona and go back to the east coast (regardless of the cold weather) where people make sense over there.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:56 AM

179 posts, read 131,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sand80sprincess View Post
I do not understand why these daycares and supposedly child care centers do this. They will post jobs on Indeed, Simply hired or even Craigslist and then when you apply, they'll either reject your submission or will message you asking for an interview, you respond with a date and then they "ghost" you as the young people say.

Then, a week later, they post ads once again stating that they're hiring. Like what in the ACTUALLY h-e-double hockey sticks? And you can have decades and decades of experience, credentials and yet....nothing. I've been here (again) in this state since September of last year and I STILL have not found one teaching job. It's starting to make me wish I never moved back here. These childcare centers and daycares are ridiculous and they get upset, it seems, when you come to work actually expecting....get this...TO WORK.

One interview I had, they said, "well, we're looking for people who don't take off, because we need consistency." I told them that in my TWENTY-FOUR years of experience, I have never taken a day off and that even during my lunch break, I will clock out and then go back in the classroom to work because that's how dedicated of a teacher I am. The director looked at me like I was nuts and....never heard from that director again, like WTF???

And it's not about pay anymore, I'll accept $15, (I won't go lower than that because I mean, I have to make enough to actually SURVIVE), I can't get past the Indeed submission part of anything and my resume is top notch, I had it professionally written. So it's not that....I just don't get it and I'm sick of it. I'm seriously thinking of just taking a McDonald's job and then saving up enough to move OUT of Arizona and go back to the east coast (regardless of the cold weather) where people make sense over there.
Have you ever thought about scams? They might not be real companies. You fill out and app, and God forbid you happen to give them your SS number. You data from the app gets sold and before you know it someone is opening up accounts in your name. Online job sites can be notorious for this. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:55 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:

I'm going to make an observation that you won't like. I am a retired principal. If the tone of your interviews were anything like the tone of that post, I probably wouldn't interview you at all.

Old 04-16-2024, 02:56 PM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:

Maybe they think you're overqualified and don't want to pay you what you're worth.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:12 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times
Have you ever considered job-hunting WITHOUT the third-party websites?

For instance, make a list of the best places, starting with the closest to you, and reach out directly to them?

Old 04-16-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm going to make an observation that you won't like. I am a retired principal. If the tone of your interviews were anything like the tone of that post, I probably wouldn't interview you at all.
Well, "retired principal," my tone is from frustration over going to job, after job, after job and despite being qualified, being passed over repeatedly, anyone would be frustrated in my position, especially when bills are piling up and becoming homeless is so easy to jump into here on the west coast than on the east coast, and on top of that, especially when the rejections make no sense.

Your pre-judging is the exact reason why I can not wait to leave Arizona, because that's all I have been subjected to here is pre-judging, especially when those jobs who have responded, reject me once I come in person and they see the professional, friendly voice is one that belongs to a woman of color. So, now, in my most friendly tone I say to you, if you did have a center that was hiring, because you're so pre-judgmental, I'd absolutely decide not to apply at your center.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Maybe they think you're overqualified and don't want to pay you what you're worth.
So, if I'm willing to accept $15, they're not willing to pay that? Even though that's what they're advertising for pay? No, I don't believe that's it.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Have you ever considered job-hunting WITHOUT the third-party websites?

For instance, make a list of the best places, starting with the closest to you, and reach out directly to them?
Great idea, and yup, I did try that. I've searched the yellow pages and emailed every single childcare center in Maricopa County. They will say they're hiring preschool teachers or pre-k or school-age teachers over the phone and the phone conversation will go great. They will schedule an in-person interview and when I arrive for it, dressed professionally, before we exchange any conversation, upon sight, their faces will change to one of disappointment and when we sit down to converse, the preschool/pre-k/school-age positions they were hiring for will change to positions of floater or infant teacher (of which I have zero experience for) and being a floater, I can not get my CDA. I've already called the CDA office and found this out.

Then a week or two later, they'll post ads again or I'll have a friend (not from out here but from back east) to call and ask if they're hiring and they'll say that they're hiring for the same preschool/pre-k or school-age positions they told me they didn't even have open.

It is what it is, I've decided to just get a job at a fast food place, save up as much money as possible and then by late summer, move back home to the east coast.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:32 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Well, "retired principal," my tone is from frustration over going to job, after job, after job and despite being qualified, being passed over repeatedly, anyone would be frustrated in my position, especially when bills are piling up and becoming homeless is so easy to jump into here on the west coast than on the east coast, and on top of that, especially when the rejections make no sense.

Your pre-judging is the exact reason why I can not wait to leave Arizona, because that's all I have been subjected to here is pre-judging, especially when those jobs who have responded, reject me once I come in person and they see the professional, friendly voice is one that belongs to a woman of color. So, now, in my most friendly tone I say to you, if you did have a center that was hiring, because you're so pre-judgmental, I'd absolutely decide not to apply at your center.
As I said...

Old 04-16-2024, 08:57 PM

10,289 posts, read 6,813,150 times
OP, if what you have said here is true, you may have legal grounds to bring a suit.

It's just wrong to discount anyone, regardless of race/sex/color/creed/ yada/yada/yada.

It's also against the law....

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: