Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 11:33 AM

101 posts, read 383,314 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Been in Phoenix now for almost 3 months and am currently renting. The owners are paying for the pool service, but changed companies right before we moved in and so far we have had nothing but problems with them. First they weren't doing the full service they are being paid for and the pool got very murky....then after complaining things got cleaned up. Now, after this weeks service the pool suddenly smells like bleach. It's never smelled like anything except chlorine before of course. So, here is where it gets tricky. We need a pool company that provides the chemicals and will charge the owners credit cards. If this was my house I would just do it all myself, but the owners want to provide this service, etc for us. They are open to us switching companies they just want us to find one that provides the chemicals and is less trouble for us.

Any suggestions?? I'm not sure if you can say company names on here so if you can't please send me a dm.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 11:49 AM

162 posts, read 543,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallvillefan View Post
Hi all,

Been in Phoenix now for almost 3 months and am currently renting. The owners are paying for the pool service, but changed companies right before we moved in and so far we have had nothing but problems with them. First they weren't doing the full service they are being paid for and the pool got very murky....then after complaining things got cleaned up. Now, after this weeks service the pool suddenly smells like bleach. It's never smelled like anything except chlorine before of course. So, here is where it gets tricky. We need a pool company that provides the chemicals and will charge the owners credit cards. If this was my house I would just do it all myself, but the owners want to provide this service, etc for us. They are open to us switching companies they just want us to find one that provides the chemicals and is less trouble for us.

Any suggestions?? I'm not sure if you can say company names on here so if you can't please send me a dm.

smells like bleach...they probably used the scented type of bleach!! Unfortunately, our landlord doesn't pay for our pool service . So, I just got on the ol'www and found a forum troublefreepool.com and educated myself.

After getting a reliable test kit, we havn't had a single problem all summer. We have spend ~$40 on regular, unscented bleach and add about 40oz every night. The water is crystal clear and doesn't smell like bleach.

Many people don't realize that sodium hypochlorate (the active ingredient) in bleach is the SAME EXACT chemical that public/commercial pools use. The downfall is that bleach is only 6% sodium hypo. and 94% water, so it just takes a greater quantity.

Ok, now back on topic...
I recently had to take our vacume to B&L pools and was happy with their repair service. Not sure if they provide weekly pool service, but you could call and find out.

Like I said, $60-100/month for pool service compared to $40 for bleach for the entire summer...I'll go the bleach route!!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallvillefan View Post
Hi all,

Cactus Pool Company is all over the Phoenix area

Old 03-05-2010, 01:22 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
I've had experiences with pool services as well. In my experience most of them lie about the full service. They claim they will scrub, vacuum and treat your pool but usually they just come by check your chemical levels and empty the baskets.

There is one pool company that has provided good service through our home warranty. I haven't used them for pool service but I'm inclined to do so. They have been nothing but honest and provided quality work with regards to servicing my pool equipment. The home warranty has sent us other vendors that were not so good and I wouldn't trust their pool service.

The name of the company is Aaron Pools. They charge $80 a month and come to your house 4 times per week. We Fix Ugly Pools charged $95 for the same service and they were not reliable when asked to fix problems regarding my pool.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
They come four times a week? Don't you mean four times a month???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area