Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 PM

963 posts, read 2,302,790 times

Advertisements

I was asked to change my login name by the moderator, so I am no longer ABQStyle (not allowed to have the same name as my website). I am now Design7.

Moved from Phoenix back to New York and missing you guys already! Although, to be truthful, New York City has plenty of distractions to keep me from grieving too much. Here is my first official New York Pic. I will no longer be shooting pics of my beloved Sedona or Papago Park or incredible Phoenix sunsets . . . but life goes on! However, when the first winter snow hits here in NYC I sure will be dreaming of hikes in South Mountain . . .

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/new-york-city.jpg (broken link)

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/papago-color-phoenix.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 04:30 PM

81 posts, read 230,687 times
I love your pics.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 PM

674 posts, read 2,553,955 times
The first pic isn't AZ, right?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:03 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,702,135 times
hey ABQ, how is NYC? People annoying there?

Old 09-19-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
hey ABQ, how is NYC? People annoying there?
I love people! Why get annoyed and ruin my own health in the process?

"People who often explode in hostile rages or who sit around fuming over every perceived slight may be doing more than making themselves unpleasant. They may be killing themselves. Researchers have gathered a wealth of data lately suggesting that chronic anger is so damaging to the body that it ranks with, or even exceeds, cigarette smoking, obesity and a high-fat diet as a powerful risk factor for early death. - "If Anger Ruins Your Day, It Can Shrink Your Life," December 13, 1990 New York Times

The more I do to treat others well irregardless of how I am treated, the healthier and happier I am. I love the diversity of people and cultures in New York. In fact, I have a goal to learn two new languages. Its a wonderful way to expand horizons and widen out in friendships. I have met many good people over the years and will meet more. The important thing is that I express the good qualities I want to see in others.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them" - Mother Theresa

Plus, as much as I've grown to love the Sonoran desert, I can appreciate a bit of lush greenery as well! A bit of greenery from one of my favorite parks, Branch Brook Park, Newark, NJ (can't wait for the Cherry Blossom Festival in the spring).The pic in my first post is Central Parl, NYC.

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/branch-brook-park-2.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Design7; 09-19-2009 at 01:19 AM..

Old 09-19-2009, 07:01 PM

24 posts, read 62,393 times
You are the exact opposite of me! You lived here in AZ and just moved to NYC and I was born and raised in NYC and moved here 5 months ago!! lol

As much as I am getting used to life here, and actually enjoying it a LOT more here than Vegas, I will always be a true NYer. You need any advice, you can always ask me

Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidpolicenaut View Post
You are the exact opposite of me! You lived here in AZ and just moved to NYC and I was born and raised in NYC and moved here 5 months ago!! lol

As much as I am getting used to life here, and actually enjoying it a LOT more here than Vegas, I will always be a true NYer. You need any advice, you can always ask me
I believe that Design7 is a native NY'er as well

Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,083,597 times
Wow ABQ, beautiful, could you run down to Cape Cod on a weekend and hook me up with some pics?
LOL, glad you made it safe and sound, one day I'll be your neighbor, we can sulk together in the winta!
All that greenery is going to hurt your eye site you know! LOL
Take care, and still post us on your updates

Old 09-23-2009, 03:36 PM

Here's a few more pics from New York. I am amazed at how much the bad economy has hurt this city as well. You see quite a number of empty storefronts, and high end shops that would normally never advertise prices (ahem . . . if you have to ask you can't afford us) are now having incredible sales. Here's a few pics. The weather is really fabulous now as we move into the Fall. I will miss Phoenix come winter . . .

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/macys-34th-street1.jpg (broken link)
The New York landmark Macy's on 34th Street. They added a pedestrian island with seating to encourage tourists and shoppers to stay in the area and shop!
http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/new-york-cityscape-2.jpg (broken link)
The shoe shine stand next to the 42nd Street Public Library. New Yorkers do like to look spiffy!
http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/papaya-dog-new-york1.jpg (broken link)
Papaya Dog. Some of the best cheap hot dogs in New York!
http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nyc-library-14.jpg (broken link)
The Morgan Library. Old money brownstone on Madison Ave.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:54 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,020,724 times
Papaya Dog!!! Yes, I will be in NYC, Seattle, and Phoenix of course during the holidays and can't wait. I love the differences of each metro area! Beautiful pics of NYC albstyle! or design7! LOL Gorgeous just like those of Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area