Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 PM

8 posts, read 14,090 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am interning with EQT for this upcoming summer. I am wondering which area is best for working downtown and subleasing for about 3 months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,059,813 times
First, congratulations on your internship, and I hope you enjoy it.

Second--some more information would be helpful, such as a budget range, what kind of neighborhood you favor, and so on

That said, the most summer subleases tend to be in the big student neighborhoods, most notably Oakland, and also neighborhoods like Bloomfield, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, and the South Side. Fortunately, most of these places will be very convenient for working Downtown.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,278,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoiey View Post
Hi,

I am interning with EQT for this upcoming summer. I am wondering which area is best for working downtown and subleasing for about 3 months?

If you want to sublease an apartment during the summer, you have to go where the students live during the school year- Oakland, Shadyside or South Side.

Students are a lot scarcer outside those neighborhoods.

Check out the Pitt News ads, some students advertise for subletting in their classifieds, and Pitt is Pittsburgh's biggest college.

Or if you have a little bit more money, you can rent an apartment for short terms over at Allegheny Center. They've been known to house different theatrical companies and that who are also only around for a short period.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 PM

8 posts, read 14,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
First, congratulations on your internship, and I hope you enjoy it.

Second--some more information would be helpful, such as a budget range, what kind of neighborhood you favor, and so on

That said, the most summer subleases tend to be in the big student neighborhoods, most notably Oakland, and also neighborhoods like Bloomfield, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, and the South Side. Fortunately, most of these places will be very convenient for working Downtown.

I'm looking for a place to rent from May to end of August. My budget is in the range of $300-600. I prefer to have a parking spot in a safe area that is approximately close to EQT building. I am hearing that the traffic is quite congested during peak hours?

Would those mentioned neighborhoods have parking space? Thank you to both of the above posters! I'll definitely start to check out places ASAP.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,278,697 times
Shady, Oakland and Bloomfield all have resident sticker parking.

If you have a ride, you'll need to either have a private parking space or buy a sticker from the city if you want to park on the street. You have to prove to the city government that you're a resident before they'll sell you one.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:52 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,059,813 times
Depending on where you end up, it may be easier and cheaper to take a bus or train to Downtown, rather than drive. Assuming you still want parking, you can follow the advice above about parking stickers, or look for a sublet with parking included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh