Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 03:05 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Maybe at first, but its has taken on a life of its own....There are people who live in City vs City for the "My City is Better than Your City" competition.
I think that is consistent with what I had in mind . . . those people might be trolling the regular forums if they didn't have that forum to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM

799 posts, read 1,290,014 times
I like the City vs City forum. I don't care for the booster/bitter native that you can find there and everywhere on City-Data. I can tune out that noise. I am interested in what people like or don't like about cities in general. Regarding Pittsburgh, I see a discernible shift in overall attitude and perception. It's encouraging.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
There are people who live in City vs City for the "My City is Better than Your City" competition.
And here we are having a passive "We are better than people who hang out in City vs City forum" competition.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
And here we are having a passive "We are better than people who hang out in City vs City forum" competition.
Hah!

Maybe we need a "City Data Forum versus City Data Forum" forum.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:37 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Hah!

Maybe we need a "City Data Forum versus City Data Forum" forum.
The Pittsburgh forum would win that contest every time, and if you disagree, then you're just a hater.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:39 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
City v City can be a waste of time but some threads are quite informative. I find Pittsburgh gets a pretty good share of positive recognition on City v City from people who know the city or are curious about it. While Pittsburgh has one or two homers itself who post there on occasion (like posters from all cities), you also have your share of posters who do you your city proud and have taught me quite a lot about Pittsburgh. Kudos to them!

Old 02-02-2012, 04:19 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Im speaking about the people of the Pittsburgh being better than those mindless homers.....Not that Pittsburgh is better in general than any city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
City v City can be a waste of time but some threads are quite informative. I find Pittsburgh gets a pretty good share of positive recognition on City v City from people who know the city or are curious about it. While Pittsburgh has one or two homers itself who post there on occasion (like posters from all cities), you also have your share of posters who do you your city proud and have taught me quite a lot about Pittsburgh. Kudos to them!
There are few very informative posters on City vs City but they pale in comparison to the folks just there to Cheerlead their city....and any Pittsburgh cheerleaders far pales than the dozen or so cities that have an army of Homers who suck all the air out the room....

Old 02-02-2012, 04:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Im speaking about the people of the Pittsburgh being better than those mindless homers.....Not that Pittsburgh is better in general than any city.
That was my point. Others got it.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Quote:
There are few very informative posters on City vs City but they pale in comparison to the folks just there to Cheerlead their city....and any Pittsburgh cheerleaders far pales than the dozen or so cities that have an army of Homers who suck all the air out the room....
It's obviously your perspective BB. While I have a different one, I don't find it worth arguing about. I've said about all I care to on this topic.

Good evening all you good folks of Pittsburgh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: