Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 11:20 AM

24 posts, read 66,068 times

Advertisements

So I was traveling in central europe last year and fell in love with the spa culture. I am really craving a steam sauna.. Are there any places that have like monthly passes or something, or any gyms that have decent offerings? I'm looking for something reasonably inexpensive, not a frou frou spa day but more like a 30min seat in a sauna a few days a week.. I don't even know if that is something that is possible in the states, but would be great if so.

I have been chilling in my shower with scalding water but I don't think that's practical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 01:36 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,513,131 times
Oh, sauna... I am nuts about it.
Bally's in South Hills Village has sauna and I bet there are some other gyms out there, with jacuzzi and sauna.
Alexanders gym down in Southponite had a sauna but not a jacuzzi.

In all these gyms you have to be a meber to use the facilities. Maybe ither gym members here can tell you who has what.

Big hotels downtown have jacuzzi and saunas but i don't know their policy of using the sauna.

On the bright side, if you can affrod it, you can add a sauna to your basement I have some friends who did so.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
I am lucky enough to have a nice Sauna in my home, but if you are looking for a cheap idea and you are not to far from Penn Hills, you might want to call Olympic Swim Club. They used to have a sauna and steam room. Huge pool as well. It has been many years though. Tours are for free.

Olympic Swim Health Club Inc - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
View detailed profiles of: