Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:06 PM

176 posts, read 767,076 times

Advertisements

Offically today, the Allegheny County Website has removed searching by last name or Company name...That's right Judges and District Attorney's...Your not the only people EXEMPT any more

I am shocked they allowed that for so long...Any wack job out there, could find out where you live...Or how many properties you or your company owns...

IMO...Best decision Luke's people made yet...Then again, has he made any really good decisions yet???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,611,341 times
Good....about time.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:26 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
I am shocked they allowed that for so long...Any wack job out there, could find out where you live...Or how many properties you or your company owns...
They can still do that, now they'll just have to go downtown to the records office. It's all public information.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO Z View Post
Offically today, the Allegheny County Website has removed searching by last name or Company name...That's right Judges and District Attorney's...Your not the only people EXEMPT any more

IMO...Best decision Luke's people made yet...Then again, has he made any really good decisions yet???
Its public information, any wack job can still walk into the prothonatary office downtown and find that information.. Not sure what the difference is..

Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Obviously neither of you are used to the old system of searching....

Almost everything is public knowledge when it comes to real estate...NO KIDDING...

Ask yourself why were Judges and DA were excluded from previous searches...Why has almost every development company in the city,been hounding them for years to get rid of it..Why have defense attorney's asked to be taken off...

2 seperate cases in less than 6 months, stated to police they stalked women after finding out where they live...Little nugget for you, since you think it's no big deal...

Is it going to stop some crazy person, from finding out where his lawyer lives...No, but at least it's not out there openly on the net...

By the way, go the (city-county) building and see if you can gather info on a individual so easily...Good Luck

Old 11-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Obviously neither of you are used to the old system of searching....

Almost everything is public knowledge when it comes to real estate...NO KIDDING...

Ask yourself why were Judges and DA were excluded from previous searches...Why has almost every development company in the city,been hounding them for years to get rid of it..Why have defense attorney's asked to be taken off...

2 seperate cases in less than 6 months, stated to police they stalked women after finding out where they live...Little nugget for you, since you think it's no big deal...

Is it going to stop some crazy person, from finding out where his lawyer lives...No, but at least it's not out there openly on the net...

By the way, go the (city-county) building and see if you can gather info on a individual so easily...Good Luck
Actually I have used the old system, and now if I want to search by "name" I again, have to go back to using the old system, progress in Pittsburgh at its best..

Heck, I'm fully listed in Wikipedia, including address etc.. The information is out there.. If people want their information private, there are very effective ways at doing it, Land trust agreements are just one way.. (something that I've come down to using)

Old 11-30-2007, 08:08 PM

What are you talking about, progress in Pittsburgh at it's best...That was more like ignorance at it's best.....I dare you to name one, top 100 City in The U.S. that you can search by someones name...And pull up everything they own, in that county...

The safety and privacy of Pittsburgh residents should be a top priority....Not to mention the million reasons I could give for businesses and business owners to keep their affairs private...

By the way, please dont tell people to put their investments in land trusts...I could literally give you 50 reasons why not to...Terrible vessel to carry a investment...That's like telling someone to put their money in a 1% CD with a 50 year rate lock...

Old 11-30-2007, 09:02 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
What are you talking about, progress in Pittsburgh at it's best...That was more like ignorance at it's best.....I dare you to name one, top 100 City in The U.S. that you can search by someones name...And pull up everything they own, in that county...

The safety and privacy of Pittsburgh residents should be a top priority....Not to mention the million reasons I could give for businesses and business owners to keep their affairs private...

By the way, please dont tell people to put their investments in land trusts...I could literally give you 50 reasons why not to...Terrible vessel to carry a investment...That's like telling someone to put their money in a 1% CD with a 50 year rate lock...
What's a land trust?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:

Before I continue, the information is STILL available on the Allegheny County website, https://www.recorder.county.alleghen...9E83DBCD4415F5 What are you speaking of? That little search bar on the property search page? Perhapse you didnt realise that I can simply move over to the Recorder of Deeds site, where I can still look by name, and not only get property information, but I can now get deeds and copies of mortgages. Typical Pittsburgh, 1 step forward, 2 backwards..

Onto other cities, How about the very FIRST city I looked up.. New York City where you can not only lookup the properties by name, but they also show all of the documents, including deeds, income/expense statements etc. (who's system was down Friday night for updates)

#2 city.. Miami . Miami-Dade County Clerk - County Recorder's Record Search (http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/public-records/pubsearch.asp - broken link)

#3 city, off the top of my head.. Cleveland.. name search Disclaimer Search and View Records Online! (http://www.clevelandrod.com/view/disclaimer.html - broken link)

#4.. Dallas, where they not only put propery searches online, but criminal histories, civil hearings, probate, change of names etc Dallas County Online Record Search Application (for the property search Official Public Records Search Criteria Entry Form - Dallas County Clerk Public Access)

Want some smaller cities?
Dallas IA Dallas County - Recorders Indexing (broken link)
Westmoreland County is online even.

Are you aware that all civil and criminal actions are online still, searchable by names, which would have someones address?
How about sheriff sales, property foreclosures, where by law, its actually REQUIRED to make public. Heck.. this is the internet, I can simply put in your name, and it will pull up your sales listing, (as recorded in a newspaper) somewhere.

Think that isnt enough.. How about the documents are stored in law documents.. PA Bulletin, Doc. No. 00-328j (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:b5Iy084Nrz8J:www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol30/30-8/328j.html+7177+ohio+river+blvd+pittsburgh+pa+15202 &hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us - broken link)

Before you start quoting me about land trusts, please tell me how many you are trustees to.. I have 13.

Last edited by pghquest; 12-01-2007 at 01:14 AM..

Old 12-01-2007, 05:19 AM

919 posts, read 3,183,972 times
TROZ...thanks for the interesting posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh