Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:18 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,828,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
new development team is working to take over a site in in the Bellefield area of Oakland at the corner of Centre Avenue and North Craig Street.
So far, New York-based Park7 Group is declining to offer much detail on any plans.
But a representative of the firm acknowledged it is in “the preliminary stages” of pursuing a development at the location while declining to comment further.
The site, which includes a 26-space Pittsburgh Parking Authority surface lot as well as some neighboring properties, was at one time slated for a 17-story, mixed-use development by Polaris Real Estate Equities, a suburban Cleveland firm lead by Pittsburgh native Guy Totino.
Developer considering Oakland site - Pittsburgh Business Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 07:17 PM

2,576 posts, read 3,095,045 times
I mentioned this on the "Why did the "great build out" of North Oakland stop? (Pittsburgh: real estate, apartment complexes)" thread a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/33681520-post9.html

They paid a pretty penny for those parcels.

Found some articles about their developments in other states:
N.Y. group considers 24-story high-rise for Bengals property - Columbia Daily Tribune | Columbia Missouri: Local News

Proposals for more student housing raise concerns

https://bangordailynews.com/2014/03/...plex-in-orono/

and about their CEO:
IRES Newsletter

Hmm.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:20 PM

423 posts, read 629,357 times
Good, hope something comes of it. It's too good a spot to be wasted on a surface parking lot. The area needs density and apartments, so I hope the large apartment complex comes to fruition.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times
this is across from the new CVS, correct?

that area can use some critical mass - there is a run down but cool assortment of greek, middle eastern, and standard restaurants/businesses nearby. maybe with more foot traffic, they will get around to sprucing up their storefronts (they are dirty, old, tattered). but its an interesting mix of greek/middle eastern type food.

and hopefully the old, empty box structure at centre/enfield can be put back into use. wait -wasnt that a CVS as well, come to think of it????

Old 03-11-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
this is across from the new CVS, correct?

that area can use some critical mass - there is a run down but cool assortment of greek, middle eastern, and standard restaurants/businesses nearby. maybe with more foot traffic, they will get around to sprucing up their storefronts (they are dirty, old, tattered). but its an interesting mix of greek/middle eastern type food.

and hopefully the old, empty box structure at centre/enfield can be put back into use. wait -wasnt that a CVS as well, come to think of it????
Yes, that was the old CVS - they moved to the new building at Centre-Craig and are 24 hours now. Don't know what could go into that space. Haven't heard any rumors. I hate seeing that parking lot in front of the building.

I don't want Centre-Craig to be a bunch of chains, bleurgh.

Something has been going on in the old Melwood Pharmacy, at Centre & Melwood. The drycleaners next to the gas station closed at the beginning of the month (just when I needed them!). And AVA Lounge/?Quiet Storm? has opened where the Luna Grill was on Centre, though they have limited hours for the restaurant part. At least we will have some sort of coffee place FINALLY.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,968,698 times
I thought I saw somewhere that the old CVS on Centre was to become a dollar store of some type. It will probably do well in that area and fill some neighborhood needs. Would be great to see something taller going in the parking lot at centre and Craig. That's a pretty key intersection. Now if only Craig Street Beer Distributing trucks would quit hogging an entire lane in front of their business!!

Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I thought I saw somewhere that the old CVS on Centre was to become a dollar store of some type. It will probably do well in that area and fill some neighborhood needs. Would be great to see something taller going in the parking lot at centre and Craig. That's a pretty key intersection. Now if only Craig Street Beer Distributing trucks would quit hogging an entire lane in front of their business!!
If Park7 is going to be putting in "luxury student housing" at Centre-Craig, I hope a dollar store won't be going in the old CVS!

I expect the building will be torn down and we will have something like at the corner of Centre & S. Millvale, AKA urban strip mall.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,968,698 times
Would be nice for something new to be built up to the street at the old CVS site. You don't even know there's a building back there because of that parking lot that fronts Centre.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:22 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times
i wouldnt mind a Dollar Tree. i used to go to the one at Crafton - Ingram Shopping center. they have quality stuff, for $1, of course. body wash, shampoo, etc., just as good as name brands (not all Dollar Trees carry the exact same items, though).

or - better yet, a small mall of 2 or 3 businesses.

or - best yet, in a fantasy world....Kohl's or any decent men's clothing store!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i wouldnt mind a Dollar Tree. i used to go to the one at Crafton - Ingram Shopping center. they have quality stuff, for $1, of course. body wash, shampoo, etc., just as good as name brands (not all Dollar Trees carry the exact same items, though).

or - better yet, a small mall of 2 or 3 businesses.

or - best yet, in a fantasy world....Kohl's or any decent men's clothing store!!!!!!!!!

Well, a men's clothing store wouldn't do me any good

I'll go in a different direction and say my fantasy would be a McGinnis Sisters grocery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh