Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 PM

136 posts, read 691,165 times

Advertisements

what the HELL is going on in schenley park? in that circle off panther hollow and overlook? The place where all the guys are milling around in their cars with the doors open? I mean I KNOW what they are doing but why are the two cop cars sitting around the corner not breaking that kinda activity up?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
What do you mean by "milling around in their cars wtih the doors open?"

Are they driving their cars with the doors open?

What do you KNOW?

Are you talking about the homosexual activity in Schenley Park? Or are you talking about drugs?

As for the cops, you can't always count on them. I've tried to waive a cop cars down---they wouldn't even stop. I can only guess that they didn't want to get out of their airconditioned vehicle. Someone literally pushed my car up onto a sidewalk and into a brick wall with their vehicle. Like a hit and run only on purpose. The police car just cruised by. They weren't going anywhere important. They just kept on driving instead of stopping to help me. I mean I was literally standing in front of their partrol car flagging them down. Don't even get me started on city cops.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 AM

yes there are 6-8 white guys just sitting in out or next to their cars like gay hookers....it's funny in a how the hell do you let that sort of thing go on...with cops for some reason parked around the corner.

I felt like it was pretty clear what was going on. 8 guys in 8 cars all together but not weren't getting ready to play hide and go seek.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Schenley Park is known as a gay hook-up place. (Although, I always thought it was an after-dark type activity.)

The police aren't doing anything about it because they most likely aren't hookers.

I think they are men who are simply enjoying free hook-ups with one another.

There's nothing illegal about that.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 AM

yeah, in general I agree(about people wanting to enjoy casual relations) but it's blatant it's unsightly. Making a wrong turn(in hindsight) in a beautiful park shouldn't put you at the meat market. It's as simple as going to a club indoors. It wouldn't be acceptable personally if it were all girls or a mix.

yes this was after dark.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:50 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,066,997 times
Quote:
yeah, in general I agree(about people wanting to enjoy casual relations) but it's blatant it's unsightly. Making a wrong turn(in hindsight) in a beautiful park shouldn't put you at the meat market. It's as simple as going to a club indoors. It wouldn't be acceptable personally if it were all girls or a mix.

yes this was after dark.
I don't think the cops can break anything up if there is no reasonable cause. Until those men walking/standing around by their cars show any type of indecent or illegal conduct, cops can't just be like "ok boys, theres too many of you in one place and NEAR cars in a public park! Move along!" I think it's just all guys out "cruising" other guys and if they want to hook up they just hop in their cars and go back to one or the other guys place. Disturbing? Perhaps. Illegal? Nope. ALTHOUGH, there is definitely plenty of sex and hooking up that goes on IN the park, but apparently the cops weren't witnessing that. Gay people are quite sneaky. Must be that "living your life in secret" bit that usually goes on for years.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:58 AM

I actually love some of the cops in Pittsburgh. There are always one or two outside AND inside Pegasus when we go on "hot" nights. It makes you feel very safe. Also, it is quite a riot watching the guys trying to get the cops to dance and/or drink. The cops just laugh it off and drink water and take it all in. I've sat for a bit chatting with the cops, myself. They are very friendly.
Once I was in a "lovers dispute," if you will, outside of the Flats at SouthSide Works where I had lived. Him and I were really pissed and yelling at each other and he had no shoes on cause he gave me his cause I lost both mine while I chased him down the southside for so many blocks...... yeah.......... quite dramatic and we laugh about it today. ANYWAY, we must have been quite a site to see outside the building and a cop pulled up and rolled down his window and in the most sincere and concerned voice ever said, "boys, is everything okay here?" We said yes, thank you officer, and he said "alright. My advice is to take a walk and come back, you'll work it out when you're calmer." It was quite funny and nice :P

I guess they see all kinds of people in all kinds of situations. lol.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypepariah
Whenever people post on citydata asking if Pittsburgh is accepting of gays, we'll just provide a link to this thread so they can see that the police don't stop gays from cruising in Schenley Park. Seriously, that's a good sign of tollerance. I'm sure Boylocke's example of "ok boys, theres too many of you in one place and NEAR cars in a public park! Move along!" happens in less accepting cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypepariah View Post
yes this was after dark.
I'm sorry you were taken by surprise. If you want to protect your sensibilities, stay away from Schenley Park after dark unless there is an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke
I actually love some of the cops in Pittsburgh.
You're just attracted to men in uniform!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
I remember that area of Schenley park has been a place for guys to hook up for decades. It always had a high percentage of married men and guys who were very closeted. These days though, I wonder why they would still hook up when there's the Internet. Maybe it's the thrill of the chase or something. There are so many other options available to meet people these days, from a variety of nightspots and restaurants, and dozens of professional and social gay organizations. But if you're married or closeted, Schenley Park probably is your only option as you steal away for a few minutes.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 PM

By the way - LOL - the area in the park you are referring to is known as the "fruit loop"

how original...

Quote:
You're just attracted to men in uniform!
Tou che!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh