Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 961 times

Advertisements

Hi All - I am making 2.5 documentaries about Pittsburgh food. The first film deals with Pittsburgh restaurants from the late 1970s to now with a greater focus on now. The 70s, 80s, and 90s to some extent just receive a few highlights.

In order to avoid some assumed licensing costs, I'm looking for photos or menus from certain restaurants and wanted to see if anyone had any of these. If you do and you wouldn't mind me taking a hi-res photograph of your photograph or menu, please let me know! This project (at the moment) is completely self-funded and has been going on for 10 months. There will be some fundraising activities this May or June to raise money for festival submissions, music licensing, sound mastering, and screening costs. Hoping that in the fall the film will screen at Filmmakers on multiple nights with a "industry" screening or two - you know, on Mondays at 3pm or so.

If you can contribute, I will definitely send you download links to the finished films and can credit you as photographer in the credits.

These are the restaurants that I am looking for:

Rico's
Johnny Lounders
La Normande
Baum Vivant
Cafe Allegro
Dish
Mad Mex (Oakland)
Kaya
Casbah

Old photos of Downtown Pittsburgh, Homewood, and East Liberty restaurants.

If you want to see a small snippet of the film, here is a sequence of some of the current restaurants: Moderator cut: link removed, please read the tos

Last edited by Yac; 03-31-2015 at 02:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh