Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 11:04 AM

154 posts, read 179,428 times

Advertisements

Finally officially moving to Pittsburgh and looking for recommended apartment complexes or affordable rental houses in the south suburbs (South Park, Jefferson Hills, Bethel Park, and maybe Mt Leb, USC but those are secondary choices).

It'll be for short term while we learn the area and search for where we want to buy a house (again, same suburbs).

Really don't know what the good areas or complexes are though so I defer to your advice. So far the review of Heritage Hills in Jefferson Hills seems promising, but it seems there's not a great selection beyond that.

No children yet, but has to be pet friendly (small dog) for two young professionals. We're looking at 2-3 bedrooms for no more than $1,200/month if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 11:32 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
You might want to take a look at Waterford @ Nevillewood (www.waterfordapartmentspa.com) Waterford Nevillewood
Apartment Complex

Address: 1900 Tee Ct, Presto, PA 15142

Phone412) 506-3961

Hours: Open today · 9AM–6PM

We rented an apartment for 2 years there, to use when visiting our children and grandchildren in the Pittsburgh area. Will be in your budget; is a well kept complex; extremely nice management( Will is the manager, ask for him); lovely clubhouse and pool; superior location( 11 minutes to the Fort Pitt tunnel which is access to downtown; 2 minutes to I79; 5 minutes to 376; minutes to MT. Lebo, USC., 15 to SouthPointe, 20 to Peters, and on and on...especially if you desire South Hills);all have a patio or balcony and numerous have a green view; pets permitted and good walking areas for same; very convenient to a variety of shopping; minutes to Montour Trail( I think that is what it is..The Panhandle Trail?)and on and on.

P.S. Although I now note that you stated Mt Lebo & USC were secondary choices...sorry. This is Collier Township, near Carnegie and Bridgeville.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-17-2016 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: deleted a mistaken icon:) updated clarity on OP's question

Old 02-17-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
You might want to take a look at Waterford @ Nevillewood (www.waterfordapartmentspa.com) Waterford Nevillewood

Nice looking complex! However it might be a bit long of a commute for me since I'll be commuting to West Mifflin.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:50 AM

68 posts, read 84,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbraves49 View Post
Finally officially moving to Pittsburgh and looking for recommended apartment complexes or affordable rental houses in the south suburbs (South Park, Jefferson Hills, Bethel Park, and maybe Mt Leb, USC but those are secondary choices).
Keep in mind that earned income taxes in the South Hills are very high in some communities.

Upper St. Clair = 1.3%
Mt. Lebanon = 1.3%
Bethel Park = 1.4%
Whitehall = 1.5%

JTS, Inc. - ACT-32 Information

Old 02-17-2016, 11:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Yep I now see that Mt Lebo & USC were secondary choices. Sorry. I did not consider West Mifflin and South Hills as a connect I guess. Although not in the South suburbs, have you considered The Waterfront (in Munhall/Homestead), as they are nice and managed by the same property company ( Morgan). We also once rented there, when they were new, during one of our previous Pgh incarnations....Nice apartments, pet friendly, pool and clubhouse very lovely and one can walk to the shopping and restaurants in the Waterfront proper. Also some buildings face the river and hillside across the river and the complex was vibrant and young feeling with lots of professionals and young medical residents from Oakland hospitals. A few young and newly drafted or hired Pirates and Steelers were also sighted frequently. If I recall the rent was about $1500 for a 3 bedroom TH, but there is a proliferation of apartment buildings& units currently and they may be willing to deal, especially with the huge new complex recently opened at Summerset at Frick....Ok sorry for going off topic. This complex is very convenient to downtown ( is on the "right" side of the SH tunnel) close driving to West Mifflin ( all kinds of routes and shortcuts you will learn and discover once here as in my opinion it is a collective Pgh hobby (one that I have adopted) to find creative and time saving routes and passageways. All in all I found The Waterfront to be a great location, even if it is in a shopping center, but you said it was not forever......

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-17-2016 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 02-17-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yep I now see that Mt Lebo & USC were secondary choices. Sorry. I did not consider West Mifflin and South Hills as a connect I guess. Although not in the South suburbs, have you considered The Waterfront (in Munhall/Homestead), as they are nice and managed by the same property company ( Morgan).
Yeah I actually have looked at those. Unfortunately they're a bit pricey compared to everything else ($1.5k-$1.7k for 2bedrooms), but we'll keep an eye on them. Thanks for the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh