Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,496 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Pittsburgh from Bentonville. My workplace would be near to Industry Drive, Pittsburgh 15275. I am looking for good and safe community apartment having good number of Indians.
Apartment should be nearer workplace, good day care centers and Indian grocery store etc are the key concern for me.
(My son is 2.10 year old. so good day care centers and school district for future).

Will thank full to you if you could suggest some good apartments having good number of Indians and safe community will be more helpful.

Thanks,
Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 05:47 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,921,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangamesh View Post
Hi,

I am moving to Pittsburgh from Bentonville. My workplace would be near to Industry Drive, Pittsburgh 15275. I am looking for good and safe community apartment having good number of Indians.
Apartment should be nearer workplace, good day care centers and Indian grocery store etc are the key concern for me.
(My son is 2.10 year old. so good day care centers and school district for future).

Will thank full to you if you could suggest some good apartments having good number of Indians and safe community will be more helpful.

Thanks,
Sam
Scott Township (a suburb) has a huge Indian population, in particular the Carriage Park Apartments. There's lots of Indian groceries and stores on Green Tree road. That will be the.best place to start looking.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:40 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,394,276 times
I would second Scott Twp. Chartiers valley is the school district, they have a strong math and science curriculum.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:07 AM

595 posts, read 600,812 times
I third this. Coming from Bentonville, you didn't use to work for UST did you?

Old 08-25-2016, 10:42 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Scott Township (a suburb) has a huge Indian population, in particular the Carriage Park Apartments. There's lots of Indian groceries and stores on Green Tree road. That will be the.best place to start looking.
Scott Township doesn't fit the OP's near-to-work requirement (a little over 10 miles,) but the commute wouldn't be terrible and it fits all the other criteria.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:56 AM

595 posts, read 600,812 times
It's all highway drive though. I've worked with dozens of other folks that worked in the Airport area staying in the Carriage Park area. There's a smaller community in Thorn Run Apartments in Moon, but there's not as much supporting (in terms of grocery, etc.) as there is in Carriage Park. Plus, it'd only save 5 minutes. It's 17 minutes from Carriage Park vs. 12 minutes from Thorn Run, but they'd spend much more than that in terms of going to the grocery store, etc.

Carriage Park (or something else nearby) is almost exactly what OP is looking for.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:11 PM

271 posts, read 332,316 times
There's a couple good daycares near Carriage Park as well, Tender Care on Swallow Hill road being one of them. Getting on 376 is easy too -- hop on Forsythe off Greentree road and its a pretty straight shot to the interstate to head out towards the Airport.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,496 times
Thank you all for your response.

I read about Hawthorne and polo club apartments, so could you please tell me about these two apartments. Locality, Indian community, near by day care centers.
How safe and good are these apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh