Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:04 AM

436 posts, read 343,742 times

Advertisements

I was out running this morning and noticed posters on some phone poles suggesting boycotting Biddle's Escape. I was shocked and couldn't wait to get home to research what it is all about. It turns out that there is a protest march slated for tomorrow that starts at South Braddock and Biddle and goes down to the coffee shop.

Doing some further reading, it appears that some female employees claim sexual harassment. I'm really surprised. It's such a popular, well visited place in our neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 11:11 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,669,252 times
I read the related Reddit post that seemed to indicate two masked males rushed into the coffee shop last month and announced that the owner sexually assaulted women and to boycott the business. Might not have been the best delivery of the news since, apparently, a woman who had previously been robbed nearly had a panic attack.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I read the related Reddit post that seemed to indicate two masked males rushed into the coffee shop last month and announced that the owner sexually assaulted women and to boycott the business. Might not have been the best delivery of the news since, apparently, a woman who had previously been robbed nearly had a panic attack.
The group, "Serve The People PGH" is behind this. They are instrumental in organizing the Antwon Rose protests. Some "interesting" reading
https://servethepeoplepgh.wordpress.com/

Old 04-05-2019, 02:51 PM

433 posts, read 287,974 times
I'd be really careful before I joined to make sure it's accurate. No way would I be going in uninformed and without very good proof that harrassment is indeed what took place.

On a related note, this sounds like anti-marketing. Could be a business idea here.....

Old 04-05-2019, 02:58 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Face View Post
I'd be really careful before I joined to make sure it's accurate. No way would I be going in uninformed and without very good proof that harrassment is indeed what took place.
Yeah for all we know it is a disgruntled employee just making an accusation. Who knows these days. There doesn't seem to need to be any facts anymore, just if someone says something that is enough. Odd times.

I would steer clear of a group like that. I can envision what they look like however. I'll leave that vision up to others though.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Quote:

On a related note, this sounds like anti-marketing. Could be a business idea here.....
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tractor Face again.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Actually, my first thought was retribution from the Anti Trump signs he had in his front yard: in case you don't know, he lives across the street from the coffee shop. Look up some of the pictures, they were hilarious.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Wow, it gets great reviews across the board. Makes me want to go there sometime. I doubt there is any validity to any claims if they are still getting such good reviews. Probably one person trying to gain traction, but who knows. I see protestors now just enter restaurants as they did to Mad Mex and such for the Antwon thing. I would be very uncomfortable in a restaurant if protesters stormed in. More than inappropriate, but they don't care how scared they make innocent people just trying to have a good day.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,462,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
Actually, my first thought was retribution from the Anti Trump signs he had in his front yard: in case you don't know, he lives across the street from the coffee shop. Look up some of the pictures, they were hilarious.
the owners sold the house across the st recently. Not sure where they live now.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:35 PM

433 posts, read 287,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8YearsinPittsburgh View Post
Well, I certainly don't know anything about it. Although, one thing strikes me as odd: "retribution from the Anti Trump signs." Is this sarcasm? I didn't think anyone in the city would be bothered by Anti Trump signs. Did you actually read what that group is about? They're racist, threatening and in no way would I ever hook myself to that train. Now, go in there wearing a MAGA hat and I would understand the hate but Anti Trump signs? You can't even open a browser or turn a channel on your TV or open a newspaper without being inundated by Anti Trump everything-this is the norm.

Last edited by Tractor Face; 04-05-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh