Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 01:57 PM

611 posts, read 365,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
to here as in CD? yup.

to here as in pitt? nope.

Oh, ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 04:35 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
Quote:
https://blackpittsburgh.com/

From the Trib yesterday.

I spent a few hours reading and watching last night, shaking my head that this overt crap is even allowed to be linked to, let alone referenced in a 'newspaper' that wants to be taken seriously.

If anyone buys into this obvious (hate to say the word) racist crap, Pittsburgh is well on its way to being Gary, Detroit or Cleveland or even PG county MD.

Encouraging others to openly antagonize people who have exactly zero interaction with you, nor reasons to hold a negative viewpoint is likely NOT the way to conduct business.

For as high a mixed population the Pittsburgh area has, it is far far more tolerant, leftist narrative be damned, than this will have you believe. IF one wanted to change that, well here ya go....

(please dont comment until you have at least READ and watch, not skim and glance)
The left loves to divide us. They hate us united. Pretty old saying, divide and conquer. Sure are strange times. The gen xers are just scratching our heads because we were taught to treat everyone equal and without prejudice. Now it seems that is frowned upon. Who knows? I just keep to myself around cities. When I’m in the country I can be myself. Works well for me.

I honestly feel for the black community as they are being used and pigeon holed as a collective. Must feel odd. The left created one big mess. I don’t think it will pay dividends as many people are tired of segregation.

Old 12-15-2021, 04:50 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,688,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Go to the Whole Foods Market in University Heights, OH (suburban Cleveland). About half the clientele are middle-to-upper-middle-class African Americans, many of whom drive higher-end vehicles. Go to the Whole Foods in Shadyside, which is adjacent to some neighborhoods that are almost exclusively African-American. You might see just a few "token" Black customers in a sea of white and Asian faces. Cleveland is just over two hours from Pittsburgh, but, in my experience, there is a much more highly-visible Black professional and creative class there vs. Pittsburgh, which shows that Pittsburgh is a place of limited upward mobility potential for the Black community.

I can't think of many Pittsburgh neighborhoods or suburbs with a plurality of upwardly-mobile white and Black residents. Pittsburgh's majority-black neighborhoods are mostly (not all) impoverished, which is a shame. I know wpipkins2 will be on here soon to tell me about how affluent and successful the Black community is in the East Hills or Penn Hills or Monroeville or wherever else, but the Black community in those neighborhoods are generally just middle-class. They are earning $50,000/year salaries and driving Hondas and Chevys---they aren't earning six-figures and driving around in BMW's or Teslas like MANY white and Asian people in Pittsburgh and its suburban areas.

If you are white or Asian in Pittsburgh you have much better upward mobility prospects than if you are a Black person. That needs to change. Pittsburgh's Black population is literally in freefall. If the Black population was stagnant or slowly-declining---like the white population here---then the city would have grown from 2010-2020.
It’s almost like it’s ingrained in the culture here. I think the OP along with a few others on here don’t get out very much or travel to other cities. You are right about Cleveland. I have said that for a while now. Even Buffalo has changed for the better in this regard.

We live in the least diverse metro of the nation. Regular posters air endless grievances about race, endless crime and blaming blacks for everything. It’s quite sickening indeed.

This Pittsburgh sub forum has a huge volume of tinfoil hat posting douchbaggery over the last year and a half.

Old 12-15-2021, 04:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
This message is hidden because Independentthinking83 is on your Ignore list

Old 12-15-2021, 05:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
It’s almost like it’s ingrained in the culture here. I think the OP along with a few others on here don’t get out very much or travel to other cities. You are right about Cleveland. I have said that for a while now. Even Buffalo has changed for the better in this regard.

We live in the least diverse metro of the nation. Regular posters air endless grievances about race, endless crime and blaming blacks for everything. It’s quite sickening indeed.

This Pittsburgh sub forum has a huge volume of tinfoil hat posting douchbaggery over the last year and a half.
I’d wager most folks don’t care when they travel because they’re simply living life and don’t care who is or isn’t where they are.

The stats about crime and the races committing the crime don’t lie. Just because folks don’t want to admit it doesn’t mean it’s not true.

You’ve certainly done that for the last year and a half, but I do understand living in great has caused folks to go off the edge.

Old 12-15-2021, 05:50 PM

10,895 posts, read 4,560,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post

what was it 'benoit blanc' said? "ha! thats rich!"

I am willing to bet cash money I have been more places to more cities that all of you COMBINED. Careful which bear you poke when you are armed with no facts.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:02 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
what was it 'benoit blanc' said? "ha! thats rich!"

I am willing to bet cash money I have been more places to more cities that all of you COMBINED. Careful which bear you poke when you are armed with no facts.
Bingo

Cue in “I don’t bet”, lol.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:46 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,061,381 times
upward mobility is difficult for ANYONE in Pittsburgh, where there has never really been as dynamic economy with the meteoric growth found in other places.

why worse for blacks? people lament about this and there is a whole framework narrative, from white supremacy to everything else.

lets get real. why not start here: do you (general useage) agree or not that two parents will make a difference, long term, in the economic stability and ultimately life choices offered to a young person?

i know that might be hard to digest for some, so i'll break it down: two parents, the odds of which one is a male father figure and therefore the archetypical disciplanarian. two parents, so TWO incomes. two parents, lightening the load for one who can further economic gain with overtime, a second job, whatever.

now, how many african american children had TWO parents in the home in the 1950s. its documented - over 60%. Today? 20%, I believe.

its about life choices.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:44 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,895,822 times
Quote:
If you are white or Asian in Pittsburgh you have much better upward mobility prospects than if you are a Black person. That needs to change. Pittsburgh's Black population is literally in freefall. If the Black population was stagnant or slowly-declining---like the white population here---then the city would have grown from 2010-2020.
Asians face the same racism. Life is not any easier.

The problem is the culture. Pittsburgh pretends to be a Nashville or Charlotte but it's not. It's 1970s rust belt Pittsburgh minus the steel mills. The Pittsburgh school system is a dumpster fire. Get rid of the union and start over. Education is the best way to get ahead and we are failing kids.

Last edited by bluecarebear; 12-16-2021 at 03:58 AM..

Old 12-16-2021, 04:28 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,903,501 times
Quote:
https://blackpittsburgh.com/
If anyone buys into this obvious (hate to say the word) racist crap, Pittsburgh is well on its way to being Gary, Detroit or Cleveland or even PG county MD.
Well, look at the CEO: Jasiri X. Former local leader of the Nation of Islam. Is racial division/racism any surprise when it comes from the mouth or pen of the leader of a racist group?

I cant understand why local white liberals love them some Jasiri X and why he gets a pass for his past. Yes, he does speak out against violence in the black community. Because he loves the community and his people.. but lets say a Klan leader in Fayette County was outspoken on the opiates issue, because he doesnt want to see his white community killing themselves - would the media and liberals fawn over Grand Cyclops Cleetus for his role in combatting the opioid epidemic?

Quote:
So many 22-year-old Asians in Squirrel Hill driving around in BMW's while Black people are disproportionately struggling to pay their bills. Any efforts being undertaken to make life better for Black Pittsburgh is a plus in my book.
How many of those 22 year old Asians in Squirrel Hill are having everything paid for them by the sweatshop that their daddy owns/manages in communist China???
Are those rich Asians those who immigrated here and clawed their way up the meritocracy of American society, or are those rich Asians whose families made their money in corrupt foreign dictatorships and are now living the good life in our country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
The Pittsburgh school system is a dumpster fire. Get rid of the union and start over. Education is the best way to get ahead and we are failing kids.
Theyre setting them up to fail, with their hippie hug-a-thug philosophy that its 'racist' to punish and discipline students.
Theyre teaching them that theyre immune to consequences from their actions - and then they'll be surprised when the kids grow up and they eff around and find out by finding themselves in the Allegheny County Jail.. then the same idiots who didnt want to discipline the kids when they were in school and teach the kids there are consequences to their actions will hold protests decrying the racist school to prison pipeline and that more funding is needed for failing inner-city schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh