Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times

Advertisements

By the way, if there ever is a future desire to start a Pittsburgh suburbs forum, the way you do it is to start lots of threads discussing all the various aspects of life in the burbs. The idea is demonstrate that there are enough people interested in the subject that the new forum will have lots of threads after it gets started. Then you show the admin all the threads, and they decide if a new forum will be created. It has nothing to do with polls or opinions, it's all about the number of posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 04:50 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Caladium - I think it's time to change your status :-)

fwiw, as someone who lives in the burbs, when I see a post that says Robinson has everything including great restaurants, my heart weeps a little. Cheap, sure. Consistent, yes. Family-friendly, check. Great? Unh-unh.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:55 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,586,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjd View Post
Then don't frequent it. When you want to get out of Homewood and expand your mind you'll see that suburban people are the real Pittsburghers. Your insanity in constantly electing fools like Mayor Luke has driven us away.

People who live in the burbs aren't Pittsburghers. You can take that from an outsider who moved to the city years ago.

If you've ever complained about the crime in the city, or perpetuated myths about living in an urban area you aren't from there...period. Your comment about Homewood says it all. You might visit the city every once in a while, but then again so to do people from Grove City or Wheeling. You have about as much claim to the title as they do.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,827,428 times
No no no... a thousand times no. The strength of this forum is that the entire region is discussed... no need for hyper-segregation.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest12 View Post
Hi Rubybelle,
Our family of 6 is moving to PA soon. We currently live in an MD suburb. I just cannot bring myself to be persuaded to live in the city. But it has been a nightmare to find information. Please help.
God bless you for your thread
Start a new thread to ask this question. There is actually lots of discussion on this in the Pittsburgh forum, but for by posting a reply in here your query won't readily be found. When you start a new thread, try to add some info that will help tailor the suggestions, such as what locations you might be working in, whether you will be using public schools, how big of a house, what sort of price range, rent vs buy, etc.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM

894 posts, read 1,325,386 times
Pgh suburbs & Chicago suburbs no comparison my friend.. Population isn't large enough there would be one new topic a week. The first page would have topics 3,4months old.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
Caladium - I think it's time to change your status :-)

Hey, I'm a kayaker so the heat's ok by me. Still.... might be a good time to salute a good sax piece. Better?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
People who live in the burbs aren't Pittsburghers. You can take that from an outsider who moved to the city years ago.

If you've ever complained about the crime in the city, or perpetuated myths about living in an urban area you aren't from there...period. Your comment about Homewood says it all. You might visit the city every once in a while, but then again so to do people from Grove City or Wheeling. You have about as much claim to the title as they do.
Yo, Q-T, that post was from 3 years ago from a non-member, I'm thinking the T word, cuz if I say Troll Yac will whack me.

Besides, to be a true Pgher you have to be born at Magee, had at least 6 school picnics at Kennywood, and remember the Winky's in Wilmerding.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:28 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,519 times
Considering Pittsburgh has one, if not the highest population difference 9-5 vs. actual residents, it makes sense. Pittsburgh is about the same population as Madison, WI, however it has a much larger work force.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,019 times
Quote:
Besides, to be a true Pgher you have to be born at Magee,
I was born at Mercy. That's why I moved the the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh