Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 17,390 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Just moved to Pitt, and was just wondering if anybody could share about the ethnic nightlife in Pitt. Is there one, and if so, where is it happening?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
You need to be more specific about your use of the word ethnic. In Pittsburgh, 'ethnic' nightlife could mean a Polish Octoberfest.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM

ahh...good point. im thinking latino, asian, or black.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM

269 posts, read 1,054,796 times
Check out:
www.firehouse-lounge.com

This place rocks - Jazz on Thursdays, amazing DJ on Saturday (and not your typical top 40 crap either although some of that does get played but he's really good) Definitely the most ethnically mixed place I've been. Things get super crowded by midnight.

I've also heard good things about The Shadow Lounge in East Liberty, but I haven't been there b/c I think it might still be smoking. (The Firehouse Lounge is non-smoking). www.shadowlounge.net

Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbon View Post
ahh...good point. im thinking latino, asian, or black.
Shawdow/Ava Lounge (they're connected to one another) in East Liberty

http://www.shadowlounge.net/

The Fire-House Lounge in the Strip, that someone mentioned above me, is another good one.

CJ's Lounge, also in the Strip, but closer to the edge of Lawrenceville, is the happening spot on Friday nights (if you enjoy dancing) or Saturday nights (if you like to sit back, chill, and listen to some Jazz bands).....You can click this link and then click on the calendar and it'll tell you what's going on each day of the month there.

CJ'S

The Shady Grove, in Shadyside, isn't AS 'ethnic' as the aforementioned, but I still have a good time in there, because they have a kick ass jukebox upstairs that has plenty of 'ethnic' music.

Shady Grove Restaurant & Bar Review: Pittsburgh Nightlife Reviews by 10Best

Shadyside also has this lounge called Alto Lounge, which is pretty nice.

Alto Lounge : Elevate Your Experience

Bosa Nova, which is Downtown Pittsburgh, is starting to make a little name for themselves. I haven't been, but I know people who have gone, and they seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

BOSSA NOVA - Happenings (http://bossanovapgh.com/Happenings.html - broken link)

I can give you more, but then you'll be venturing more into the Pittsburgh GHETTOS, and I don't know if you want to go there....

Also, there are some spots, on Carson Street, on the South Side, but that's not my crowd, so I don't venture over there. You can find some ethnicity in Hines Wards' establishment, that I do know.

You can find quite a few nightclubs on Smallman Street, and the side streets, off of Smallman Street, in the Strip District. Dreams, Krobar and Questions seem to be the happening nightclubs down there right now:

Dreamz Nightclub in Pittsburgh, PA - TribLIVE.com

BarSmart Pittsburgh Bar Reviews: Questions Nightclub 1400 Smallman Street. Pittsburgh, PA 15222. 412-434-1400

Krobar Club & Ultra Lounge - Pittsburgh's Most Elite Hip Hop Night Club!

Also, here are two VERY GOOD local websites, that are helpful for Pittsburgh newbies, interested in ethnic lifestyle.

www.thesoulpitt.com
www.brothaashproductions.com

Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
How about some asian and latino places?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:55 PM

jjbon, Pittsburgh does not have a very large Latino population, so your chances of finding a place that you see a bunch of Latino's hanging out at are going to be slim. If you want a truly diverse, atmosphere, then Fire-House Lounge is your best bet.

As far as Asian places, well, I'm not Asian, so maybe someone who is, can come in here and inform you about those.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:57 PM

little mizz pittsburgh, u must be one cool chick, hoppin all over the city. much appreciated.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:40 PM

315 posts, read 665,224 times
i saw some fliers for an indian party. if you want me to find details I will let you know.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbon View Post
little mizz pittsburgh, u must be one cool chick, hoppin all over the city. much appreciated.
I've always ventured OUTSIDE of my neighborhood, which you don't find many Pittsburghers doing, especially those of ETHNIC backgrounds. If you need any other info, hit me up, privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh