Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:00 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times

Advertisements

If Liberals Would Only Walk The Talk. Walk To Work Or Shut Up.

Liberals are always appalled at dependence on oil.

It is the environmentalists fault for the oil spill on the south coast. So smart these tree huggers are. Pushing oil drilling into the riskiest of places. And it's about time that they learn their lesson.

If liberals would think responsibly, instead of radically, maybe the United States would be in a better situation right now. But, liberals will not stop thinking the way they think, it's just a fact. Liberals don't even mind if our entire system collapses.

I mention the liberal bent, America, so that you know what you are dealing with.

If Nancy Pelosi and her crowd would allow oil drilling in safer places, we'd have a very small chance of having an oil spill as disastrous as the one in the Caribbean. This is just a fact.

Environmentalists defend minnows in California ... to the point where human beings are starving because water is diverted away from farmers ... to save the fish. Don't be fooled by some of these idiots.

OK.

There are about 250 million cars registered in America. Most Democrats are in agreement with their Congress Men and Women, that oil drilling should be banned. Therefore we should buy it from our enemies.

If, and I'm not joking, liberals are serious about getting off of dependence on oil, they need to walk to work. The number of cars on the road would dwindle to maybe 150 million. A dramatic amount.

If liberals don't start walking to work en masse, ignore their talk. I also don't want to hear them say ... "That's not possible".

If liberals really care, they'd better move close enough to work to walk.

Walk to work liberals ( all of you ) or lose credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

It is the environmentalists fault for the oil spill on the south coast. So smart these tree huggers are. Pushing oil drilling into the riskiest of places. And it's about time that they learn their lesson.

If liberals would think responsibly, instead of radically, maybe the United States would be in a better situation right now. But, liberals will not stop thinking the way they think, it's just a fact. Liberals don't even mind if our entire system collapses.

I mention the liberal bent, America, so that you know what you are dealing with.

If Nancy Pelosi and her crowd would allow oil drilling in safer places, we'd have a very small chance of having an oil spill as disastrous as the one in the Caribbean. This is just a fact.

Environmentalists defend minnows in California ... to the point where human beings are starving because water is diverted away from farmers ... to save the fish. Don't be fooled by some of these idiots.

OK.

There are about 250 million cars registered in America. Most Democrats are in agreement with their Congress Men and Women, that oil drilling should be banned. Therefore we should buy it from our enemies.

If, and I'm not joking, liberals are serious about getting off of dependence on oil, they need to walk to work. The number of cars on the road would dwindle to maybe 150 million. A dramatic amount.

If liberals don't start walking to work en masse, ignore their talk. I also don't want to hear them say ... "That's not possible".

I do. I live three miles to work by car and 1-1/4 miles on foot.

I burn +/- 5 gallons of gasoline per week in my vehicle and drive less than 100 miles per week.

You?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:16 PM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
but..but...how would Nancy Pelosi jet home every week on Pelosi One?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:19 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
but..but...how would Nancy Pelosi jet home every week on Pelosi One?
It would be great if her plane ran out of gas.

At about 20K feet.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I do. I live three miles to work by car and 1-1/4 miles on foot.

I burn +/- 5 gallons of gasoline per week in my vehicle and drive less than 100 miles per week.

You?
I drive 220 mi per week. My wife and I are about to move though, about 1 mile from work. If I don't walk, I will be driving 10 miles a week.

We are conservatives. And we would like to see more domestic drilling.

I'm just saying that I don't think that there are enough liberals in this nation who will stand up for what they say they believe in.

P.S. Good for you on 100 miles a week.

Congress is being pressured to stop it all. With the moratorium, our economy will likely sink. This is what liberal idealism does. And Democrats don't seem to care.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:22 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
It would be great if her plane ran out of gas.

At about 20K feet.
Are you wishing death upon one of our politicians? Isn't that frowned upon in the USA (can't you be thrown in prison for that?)?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:23 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
I drive 220 mi per week. My wife and I are about to move though, about 1 mile from work. If I don't walk, I will be driving 10 miles a week.

We are conservatives. And we would like to see more domestic drilling.

I'm just saying that I don't think that there are enough liberals in this nation who will stand up for what they say they believe in.

P.S. Good for you on 100 miles a week.

Congress is being pressured to stop it all. With the moratorium, our economy will likely sink. This is what liberal idealism does. And Democrats don't seem to care.
No our economy will adapt, by switching to green energy, which conservatives will quickly start complaining about.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
My family owns one lightly-used automobile. My spouse walks to work everyday, and I use a bike to do the majority of my errands. We also live without an air conditioner, grow a portion of our food on a very small suburban lot without fertilizers, and hang dry all of our clothing. We also avoid plastic and many other petroleum-derived products, although we're certainly not perfect.

Thanks for asking, but what does that have to do with anything anyway?

Last edited by formercalifornian; 06-11-2010 at 09:07 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 08:29 PM

634 posts, read 1,558,841 times
Thumbs down what ru talking about?

Quote:

OK.

What on earth are u talking about! Since when is our dependence on oil and its consequences a liberal OR conservative issue??? This is an American addiction to oil that has to end no matter what your politics! We can all do our part to reduce the amount of gas and oil we use by just thinking about what we do everyday, if you can take the bus, take it, if you can ride your bike or walk do it! We are all to fat and lazy anyway. But why would it be anything but an American problem that is non political? If your next car gets 35 miles per gallon vs 28 then you are doing something-----liberal or conservative or whatever you are!

Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Lets not forget about Three Mile Island. Liberal Enviro-nazis cried in the corner until the USA was effectively neutered of its ability to develop clean nuclear powered energy. So who rose to the top? Big Oil and Big Coal. What do we get? Entrenched independence on coal and oil. What did that produce? Some of the largest environmental disasters on the planet.

Thanks liberals for your contribution to this nation. You're all a bunch of counterproductive morons. And you put the biggest moron of them all in the Oval Office. I hope you're satisfied with your inability to do anything right for this nation. Because you'll surely suffer for it now.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 06-11-2010 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies