Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:04 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,364,384 times

Advertisements

If these planes are to continue to fly around the nation one might crash and hurt not only the people flying but also the area they crash in causing devastating damage to the environment and local wildlife. I would suggest a flying moritorium!

Only for a few weeks!

American Airlines reinspects 56 planes after cracks found | McClatchy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:17 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,953,556 times
You know, smartass, a flying moratorium for the affected planes might be exactly what wil be ordered, if one of them crashes and kills hundreds. Obama is not and has never claimed to be an airframe structure engineer so it would be up to officials at the FAA to recommend to him that a moratorium be imposed. Similarly, after the Gulf Rig blowout, lacking any training in petrochemical drilling technology, advisers with the relevant credentials would have made reports up the chain of responsibility leading the the drilling moratorium made law by Executive Order. You knew that, smarmypants, so why spoil a perfect morning with idle churlishness? I really want an answer. Why did you write this?

H

Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times
Planes crash all the time and kill hundreds.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You know, smartass, a flying moratorium for the affected planes might be exactly what wil be ordered, if one of them crashes and kills hundreds. Obama is not and has never claimed to be an airframe structure engineer so it would be up to officials at the FAA to recommend to him that a moratorium be imposed. Similarly, after the Gulf Rig blowout, lacking any training in petrochemical drilling technology, advisers with the relevant credentials would have made reports up the chain of responsibility leading the the drilling moratorium made law by Executive Order. You knew that, smarmypants, so why spoil a perfect morning with idle churlishness? I really want an answer. Why did you write this?

H
I like how people like yourself get a hardon from hearing the King decree "Hear ye Hear ye...no one may voluntarily purchase a ticket on any plane in XYZ airline, even knowing full well of the potential consequences"

The King has spoken!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Planes crash all the time and kill hundreds.
Please dont make comments which the only response from liberals can be

"we should ban flying"..

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Obama is not and has never claimed to be an airframe structure engineer
Correct, he claimed to be a constitutional scholar, and on his very first court challenge, he loses..
Quote:
so it would be up to officials at the FAA to recommend to him that a moratorium be imposed. Similarly, after the Gulf Rig blowout, lacking any training in petrochemical drilling technology, advisers with the relevant credentials would have made reports up the chain of responsibility leading the the drilling moratorium made law by Executive Order.
There are accusations that the "experts" do NOT support a moratorium, and their names were signed regardless..
Quote:
I really want an answer. Why did you write this?
To prove we conservatives have a sense of humor?

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,872,162 times
I am a liberal and I would say we should ban flying the airplanes that failed inspection until the proper repairs have been made and reinspected.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Correct, he claimed to be a constitutional scholar, and on his very first court challenge, he loses..
To help reinforce his scholarly understanding of the constitution, his minions will attempt to override the judicial branch's ruling with a "I say so, therefore it will be" moratorium. Kind of like when the other kid loses an argument and uses the "I know you are but what am I -- infinity" remark.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,477,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a liberal and I would say we should ban flying the airplanes that failed inspection until the proper repairs have been made and reinspected.
Those particular planes, but ALL of them?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:36 AM

857 posts, read 2,004,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
If these planes are to continue to fly around the nation one might crash and hurt not only the people flying but also the area they crash in causing devastating damage to the environment and local wildlife. I would suggest a flying moritorium!

Only for a few weeks!

American Airlines reinspects 56 planes after cracks found | McClatchy
great post genius.

we DID have a flying moratorium for about a week after 9/11. Did you have a problem with it then?
When a massive crack in the system is exposed, you put the brakes on and figure out what the hell is going on before you risk it happening again. That's executive management - plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies