Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with extending the Family and Medical Leave Act to same-sex couples?
Yes 76 72.38%
No 24 22.86%
Not sure 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
I understand plenty. What is your point? I am a consenting adult myself.So I assume you think it would be ok for a person to marry an animal? You didn't deny it.
Well an animal can't consent to a marriage. I'm sorry but you're just gonna have to stick with adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 PM

178 posts, read 101,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
This "logic" is the worst argument I ever hear against homosexuality, and the fact that people try to use the whole animal argument REPEATEDLY as a valid way of debating is laughable and shows the ineptness of some people's thinking. You fail miserably.
I am happy you seriously think I care about your opinion the fact still remains 100 years ago people thought homosexual marriage was never going to happen it was so unthought of etc. 100 years from now or even earlier the rate this country is going down the drain someone will marry their animal.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Yet the option is still there. It is not always there for gays and lesbians. Gay marriage is not recognized in every state. If all states would recognize gay marriage then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
If Obama would just recognize "gay marriages", rather than giving bandaids like Clinton did "Dont Ask, Dont Tell", than we wouldnt be having this discussion because states, dont have the authority to override the legal definition of "marriage", set by the feeral government..
Quote:
Gays and lesbains do not have the option to just switch off their sexual orientation. Sure they can fake it but why should they? Just because it's not a big deal for you to not allow your live-in girlfriend to the reap benefits that a spouse would, doesn't mean that gays and lesbians, who oftentimes CANNOT marry, should be denied those benefits.
No one is asking them to switch off their sexual orientation, but in the same sense, LOTS of people are not afforded rights to dictate things like medical and educational restrictions/responsibilities for children they raise. Why are they now extending this ONLY to gays?
Quote:
Your live-in girlfriend shouldn't blame the law because she can't get the benefits that a spouse would. She only has you and herself to blame.
Since you seem to be having an issue with "my spouse", how about grandparents who raise their grandchildren, without legal guardianship.. When do they begin to get covered by FMLA? How about someone having control over their childrens medical, after the children get married? (such as the Terry Schiavo case) Marriage for these individuals is NOT an option..
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
This argument is as antiquated as your ignorance.
The argument was valid, you just didnt have an intelligent reply so you had to stoop to insults..
Quote:
Oh no they definitely believe in equality, but only when they feel they are getting the short end of the stick. Otherwise they can't be bothered, they have too many social and moral issues to shove down everyone's throats.
More ignorance.. This issue rests soly upon a LEGAL issue, something beyond my control...
Quote:
No you're not being discriminated against and no, it is not the same because YOU are allowed to marry the person you love and have those rights whereas gay people are denied marriage so don't even start.
How about grandparents who take care of their grandchildren, they also are not afforded rights under the FMLA.. Why not, you dont think grandparents love their grandchildren?
Quote:
Repugs are only interested in supporting white male Christians over the age of 50 who are also corporations.

This list of people they hate grows and grows each passing day.
Ohh please.. You cant stop spreading hate.. your own posting reaks of it.. Who will you add to your list to hate tomorrow? Give it a rest..

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
I'd be willing to bet that a dog owner has more rights to protect his pet than a committed gay couple do to each other.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Kindly explain how homosexuality is an abnormality. It is well documented in most animals in the animal kingdom, and humans have practiced it for millenia.

It wasn't until some older white guys backm in the desert wrote a single sentence about it in the Bible.

I think ignorance is an abnomality. Why? because you are willfully underutilizing your brains natural ability.
Lol older white guys in the desert. Oh my Oh my. To many brain dead people here.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The argument was valid, you just didnt have an intelligent reply so you had to stoop to insults..

Ohh please.. You cant stop spreading hate.. your own posting reaks of it.. Who will you add to your list to hate tomorrow? Give it a rest..

That argument was only valid if you happen to be as vapid as the person writing it.

My list is all filled up, sorry.
I hate no one. There's no room for that in my life or this world. Strongly dislike, yup. The entire Republican party and conservatism.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Lol older white guys in the desert. Oh my Oh my. To many brain dead people here.
Let me guess, you think the Bible is the word of God?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
I understand plenty. What is your point? I am a consenting adult myself.So I assume you think it would be ok for a person to marry an animal? You didn't deny it.
What are you talking about?
How can an animal be consenting?
Clue: It can't.
Therefore there will be no such thing as a person "marrying" an animal.

It doesn't seem like you understand the concept of consenting adults at all.
Maybe someone else will be happy to explain it to you.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Let me guess, you think the Bible is the word of God?
Let me guess you don't believe in anything correct? I don't need the bible to tell me that homosexuality is disgusting and wrong I can do that myself.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What are you talking about?
How can an animal be consenting?
Clue: It can't.
Therefore there will be no such thing as a person "marrying" an animal.

It doesn't seem like you understand the concept of consenting adults at all.
Maybe someone else will be happy to explain it to you.
So it can't consent I am sure the courts will be more than happy to oblige some sick person and change the fact that both parties have to oblige to get married hell they have given in to the homosexual/liberal agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies