Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times

Advertisements

Do you get the impression that this administration is a run away train with no one in control? It seems that every day there is a new crisis or controversy that is paralyzing this president and his administration. Today it's a federal judge lifting the president's moratorium on existing deep water drilling in the Gulf and stating that the administration deceived the American people when it imposed the ban. And then there is the flap over General McCrystal and what he thinks about Obama and his national security team. Over at Congress we get word that they will not pass a budget reolution this year. In the mean time the oil keeps gushing in the Gulf with no end in sight. But this happens to be a plus for Obama because it pushes out of the news their attempt to bribe Congressman Sestak into not opposing Senator Specter in the Democrat primary in Pennsylvania. And so it goes. Peggy Noonan (who supported Obama over McCain) calls Obama a snake bit president, comparing him to Jimmy Carter. And my question is: can the country endure another two years of this ineptitude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Do you get the impression that this administration is a run away train with no one in control? It seems that every day there is a new crisis or controversy that is paralyzing this president and his administration. Today it's a federal judge lifting the president's moratorium on existing deep water drilling in the Gulf and stating that the administration deceived the American people when it imposed the ban. And then there is the flap over General McCrystal and what he thinks about Obama and his national security team. Over at Congress we get word that they will not pass a budget reolution this year. In the mean time the oil keeps gushing in the Gulf with no end in sight. But this happens to be a plus for Obama because it pushes out of the news their attempt to bribe Congressman Sestak into not opposing Senator Specter in the Democrat primary in Pennsylvania. And so it goes. Peggy Noonan (who supported Obama over McCain) calls Obama a snake bit president, comparing him to Jimmy Carter. And my question is: can the country endure another two years of this ineptitude?
I guess we will have to. We all know what it would take for Obama to be gone.

I can't see that happening.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Do you get the impression that this administration is a run away train with no one in control?
No.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
I wish we were having the Prez Elections today

Old 06-22-2010, 01:53 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
He will get it all figured out on the golf coarse.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 PM

745 posts, read 1,285,233 times
Obama isn't the problem. He'll be gone soon enough. The real problem is the American majority who elected him. They'll still be around after he's gone.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:08 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Don't forget Mexico joining the Feds in suing the State of Arizona over immigration issues and Afghanistan where our military leaders have no faith in their Commander-in-Chief.

We are a latch-key nation waiting for leadership that is MIA.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:22 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
Obama isn't the problem. He'll be gone soon enough. The real problem is the American majority who elected him. They'll still be around after he's gone.
well, a lot of the american majority has switched sides, and i don't mean to the republican party i mean away from big government spenders that come from the repubs and dems.

america is ever changing, and a lot of people know more about whats going on this time around. hopefully we'll have some candidates that want to see this country thriving again.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
And so it goes. Peggy Noonan (who supported Obama over McCain) calls Obama a snake bit president, comparing him to Jimmy Carter. And my question is: can the country endure another two years of this ineptitude?
Interesting, your vocabulary. "Snake bit" implies it wasn't Carter's lack of candlepower but an unfortunate alliance of opposing interests that hurt his effectiveness. For Obama you use a different characteristic. We know what is happening to the Obama administration and you know and I know that the White House has not had a better mind in Obama in recent memory. Can the country endure another two years of this race based divisiveness? Yes we can. It will be tiresome beyond belief to endure the rants and comic lampooning from the usual subjects, but, if the country has endured two years already then two more are no sweat. You wouldn't recognize ineptitude if.. if... I can just tell, you wouldn't.

H

Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Do you get the impression that this administration is a run away train with no one in control? It seems that every day there is a new crisis or controversy that is paralyzing this president and his administration.
I'm so astounded by the president's complete ineptitude I can't even figure out which thread to post in. This guy is so bad it's not even worth bumping heads with lefties tonight. I'm going to find something totally mindless on TV and just give up for the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies