Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times

Advertisements

Yes, he signed up for the job, but Obama has to be the unluckiest SOB to be saddled with the many problems crippling the US. So, not only does he have to deal with trying to strengthen an economy in the crapper, but now there’s the catastrophe of the oil spill. I notice a lot of folks on CD complain about Obama’s incompetency, as if the answer to many of our problems are clear-cut. So…just curious: What are YOUR solutions to:

-Bolster the nation’s economy
-Solve the DeepWater Horizon oil spill disaster
-Reduce the unemployment rate

Please don’t be glib and respond that it’s not “your” job to solve these issues. Just wondering what folks here think are effective ways to bring about some positive change.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yes, he signed up for the job, but Obama has to be the unluckiest SOB to be saddled with the many problems crippling the US. So, not only does he have to deal with trying to strengthen an economy in the crapper, but now there’s the catastrophe of the oil spill. I notice a lot of folks on CD complain about Obama’s incompetency, as if the answer to many of our problems are clear-cut. So…just curious: What are YOUR solutions to:

-Bolster the nation’s economy
-Solve the DeepWater Horizon oil spill disaster
-Reduce the unemployment rate

Please don’t be glib and respond that it’s not “your” job to solve these issues. Just wondering what folks here think are effective ways to bring about some positive change.

Thanks!

My answer to the Unemployment rate question would be that we could have created jobs with the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti. We could have had people get hired as trainers to train Haitians and workers to go help the Haitian people and also hire Haitians to help re-build their whole country instead of just sending money over there that doesn't help our unemployment/economy situation. We could have created jobs for Americans and rebuilt their country. Killing 2 birds with one stone is what I call it.

We could also stop sending jobs over seas, and do as Obama said and never raise taxes on the middle class like he promised but he lied about that one.

I can say more but I'll let other people chime in first.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times
First of all, drop the 'I'm the victim' attitude. Second, get some real world advisors. Third, drastically reduce the size of the federal government. Computers should be used for production, not to hide behind.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Here is an idea maybe just maybe if Obama wasnt playing so much golf or basketball or vacations parties, attending basketball games or baseball games. He might have time to work on those things.

That would be a start.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:09 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Here is an idea maybe just maybe if Obama wasnt playing so much golf or basketball or vacations parties, attending basketball games or baseball games. He might have time to work on those things.

That would be a start.
You better not be a former Bush supporter, cause he spent more time vacationing than B-Rock.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times
LOL! Obama the most unlucky? really? your gonna go there?

Abe Linclon might disagree....
So might Madison
heck Carter had some bad stuff going on and Ronny Ray-Guns came into office in a bigger mess than Bammer did.
and I suspect that JFK was a bit pricked over the russians trying to put nukes in Cuba.

GWB got 9/11ed then he got Katrinaed.

you need to get a bit of a history lesson before claiming this guy is just unlucky.

many presidents (most) have had to deal with major upheaval and many have risen to the occasion. Obama failing the test of history is not a result of his being unlucky.

Snort.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,034 times
Quote:

That would be a start.
I agree man, and by the way I always like reading your posts.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,789 times
Obama has shown that he is not up to the job and has not helped himself by hiring more incompetent people to help him with the problems we are facing. In that vein, he should look at hiring people who know what they are doing instead of hiring friends and cronies.

Consider how much better off this country would be if he had not quadrupled the deficit, the interest alone on the loans from china could do so much to help the economy. Drastically reducing the debt would do more to help get this country going again than anything else. Instead he thinks that we can spend our way out of it.

He should have started the cleanup in the gulf from day one and stayed on top of it, instead he waited too long and now a whole region of our country is in a bad way and it continues to get worse. We are 65 days in and he is just now waiving the Jones act so other countries can come in and help, could he be more incompetent? Just keep picking up tar balls for the cameras and going golfing, that will fix everything.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
Can't get more lamer than this....

Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Are we counting the time Bush spent completely hammered as vacation time? Maybe we should.

I will answer the OP questions when I have time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies