Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Ok, I'll agree with you on this. He did portray himself as a Christian. I personally suspect that while he may have been raised with Muslim influences, he is probably mostly personally agnostic or deist, as many people and politicians these days are. But he has to play up the Christian thing to some extent for sufficient public voter appeal - as many politicians do.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm only saying that not caring what a person's religion is, in my opinion, is admirable. I would only take issue if he lied about it, which I don't believe he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:33 PM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
[quote=hawkeye2009;14797109]If he is a muslim (which I suspect he is), it is important for several reaons-

Quote:
1. He put on a masquerade of being a Christian for twenty years simply for political expediency. This is very disturbing. How deep is one's committment that he would "change" religions like a pair of clothes? Further, how calculating and decietful is that?
Its true he should be honest, but at the end of the day the United States respects freedom of religion, so you can't really do anything about that, this is not a third world cluntry.

Quote:
I would dare trust a man who has done what he has done.

2. Muslims have this terrible penchant for violence and a conviction to convert or kill non Muslims. I would think that sentiment would be somewhat contrary to the laws of the United States and would make such a man incapable of effectively leading a modern nation.
Most Muslims don't think like that, but the ones who suffered under the hands of Americans in Afghanistan and Iraq might think like that, but the rest have nothing against westerners.

Quote:
3. A little issue of separation of church and state. Our Christian leaders appeared to understand this issue. A muslim, such as Obama, does not and has cozied up to fellow muslims at the expense of the nation.
Please wake up, Obama would have already made changes in the country if he was close minded

Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 AM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
So what if he's a muslim, stop being rasict, in today's world things don't work around which religion you belong to, but by trying to do whats best for your country.
Not bad...only 4 posts to get to the racist remarks.

He is doing what is best for the country? Name ONE, UNO, UN, A, ONE thing he has done for this Country that helped?

I must be racist for that remark, OR it could simply be Bush's fault!!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:58 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
lol... Some people just won't give up on this issue, will they...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
You forgot to mention, he's also the Antichrist.
And a smoker too!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the humanity

Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
He is doing what is best for the country? Name ONE, UNO, UN, A, ONE thing he has done for this Country that helped?
He kept a tired, fear-mongering man and his inept running-mate out of the White House!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
WAH! WAH WAHHHHHH!!!!!

OBAMA IS A MUSLIM! OMFG! WAH! WAH WAH! WAH WAH!

Crybaby right wingers. Your record is broken and you have nothing else to whine about. It is like music to my ears. Cry right wingers, CRY! It makes me more happier.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
I've also heard he's a secret voodoo priest PRETENDING to be a secret Muslim who is PRETENDING to be not a muslim. This is to throw people off his trail. He' is Wiley, this one. Like Wiley Coyote with a case of ACME secret voodoo ritual books.

Have you heard about the live chickens being delivered daily to the WHite House? Of course you haven't! BECAUSE it's a VOODOO SECRET CHICKEN SLAUGHTER FESTIVAL, that's why.

Look, it's not hard to accept, people...... Two chicken enter: No chicken leave.I have it on the highest authority that he does it in the garden, with Biden by his side, chanting a Jamaican mamba chicken killin' rhythm. Oh! dear Lord! Think of the Children! We must stop this Voodoo cult of ignorance and shame and threads like this one that detract from the REAL SECRET RELIGIOUS STUFF.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I've also heard he's a secret voodoo priest PRETENDING to be a secret Muslim who is PRETENDING to be not a muslim.

Have you heard about the live chickens being delivered daily to the WHite House? Of coruse you haven't 'Cun it's a VOODOO SECRET CHICKEN SLAUGHTER FESTIVAL, that's why.

Look, it not hard to accept, people...... Two chicken enter: no chicken leave. It's secret voodoo chicken slaying on the highest scale. He does it in the garden. His wife is high priest and oh! dear Lord! Think of the Children! We must stop this Voodoo cult of ignorance and shame and threads like this one that detract from the REAL SECRET RELIGIOUS STUFF.

And all that Voodoo Hoodoo's just a cover-up for the fact he's really a warlock

Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Actually, you've just described a lot of what Christianity looked like several hundred years ago in Europe (and even here in the Americas).

It was a brutal, intolerant religion that has a legacy of literally millions of corpses left in its wake.

Muslim religion is simply where Christianity was in terms of social evolution several centuries ago. Give the Muslims a few more centuries and they'll mellow out just like the Christians mostly did.
theres a significant difference between islam and christianity.

christianity was manipulated by people in power so they can control. it was a misuse of the christian religion and false under many pretenses.

islam however has violence written right into the koran. imagine if the bible said "kill anyone who does not believe the word of christ" well thats exactly what the koran says.

check this link out. this UK local muslim leader states very clearly that the koran spells it out.

UK Muslim Leader: Islam Not a Religion of Peace - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

there are non violent muslims out there. however, when push comes to shove, the majority will follow whats in the book before they sit down with peace love and togetherness.

so no...they won't mellow out. did hitler mellow out after he was given land to pacify him? no...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies