Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 PM

9 posts, read 39,602 times

Advertisements

Just what we need. The governor is not going to fill the late senator's seat. How can they toy with our lives.

Thank God that I have a house to live in. I won't have much money to spend but I'll have

1. Food
2. Water
3. Electicty
4. Cable
5. Internet
6. State funded Health Insurance (A must have in Massachusetts if you can't afford your own)
7. a roof over my head
8. A cell phone

9. And life necessities

I"m 34 and I have moved back home. I read an article about people 35 and younger living at home because of the economy so I don't feel too bad. I'm waiting for an approval to go on Social Security for mental problems. I think my mental problems got worse being out of work. Such things as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which is a part of Anxiety. My anxiety is SKY-HIGH.

I don't know what I'm gonna do. I gotta find cheaper insurance. GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Right now I'm paying $304.00 a month for health insurance but the way the system works is I pay the $304.00 and the state pays me 80% back. NOT BAD!!!

I am lucky to not have kids and to have my parents to fall back on. What about those who don't. Where do they go? How many have fallen victim to these games congress is playing. HOW DO WE BECOME HEARD. WE HAVE BECOME FAILED!!!!!!!!! FAILED FAILED FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congress has failed us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 08:40 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,456 times
There is no news that states for sure they are not going to put someone in that seat yet. They are still talking about it.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-for-byrd-seat

Not sure where your getting your info, My guess is it could take longer then people would like but it will happen.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM

9 posts, read 39,602 times
Face it. This is a HUGE loss for us, the unemployed, who depended on that ONE vote. How many more people are going to go homeless. How many more children are going to go unfed. No wonder we have movies like 2012. I do believe the world is going to end in 2012.

How stupid is this governer. Isn't there a rule book that states what to do in the event of a death. Whatever. Maybe I am just cranky because my unemployment benefits run out next week. They are toying with us and November can't come fast enough. VOTE THEM ALL OUT

Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Read between the lines......this governor wants to run for the Senate............

Old 07-08-2010, 02:15 AM

306 posts, read 605,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Read between the lines......this governor wants to run for the Senate............
Yes he does, along with the person who will most likely run against him..Shelley Capito (R) - who apparently has lots of ties in WV, so if they have an election this year, it will be interesting to say the least. Although there is talk that he "may" put her in Byrd's seat temporarily..We shall see...

Old 07-08-2010, 02:41 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
To me it's totally WRONG that they can appoint someone that's not of the same party as the ex incumbent. Until there's an election the replacement should be the same party.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,656,456 times
lol, Hes a democrat, hes not going to put a Republican in that seat.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 AM

107 posts, read 159,918 times
is this a joke?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 AM

18 posts, read 27,107 times
Governor may run for Byrd seat - journal-news.net | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal

Go down to paragraph 11. Sounds like good news.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:15 PM

306 posts, read 605,547 times
Well, it looks like the WV AG has said a Nov. 2010 can be held for Byrd's replacement. Hmm, I wonder who he will put in there for a few months??? He said the length of the "temporary" person's term (months to over 2 years) will be a factor in who he puts in that position???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies