Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 08:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
sooo.. how often does a woman in the US have to see her doctor to get the perscription for the pill?
Generally, once a year, also for the pap and annual physical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
"Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?"

Only if the woman can provide proof she has no STD's.
Ridiculous.

Why should she have to do that? How do you know she isn't already using a condom with her partner and also using birth control?

Old 07-08-2010, 08:26 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Thank god my mom was never on the pill or I might have had a much greater chance of developing Prostate Cancer. Thanks mom.

"Male babies exposed in the womb to chemicals that mimic estrogen -- compounds found in birth control pills and some plastics -- are at risk of being born with deformities in their prostate and urethra that may lead to diseases in adulthood, according to a study of lab animals published today."

Nation & World | Chemical exposure in the womb linked to prostate defects, study finds | Seattle Times Newspaper
do you smoke? been near smokers? use a cell phone? drive a car? walk in polluted streets.

Seriously - you have 1 000 000 of developing anything due to things around you.

My mum wasn't on the pill - I've been on it for years, and I'm not on it for birth control. so go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think that is okay. It took a few scripts to get the right one for me. It is annoying though when the only reason you go is to get the script. But at least the doctor appointment is only $25 or so.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
do you smoke? been near smokers? use a cell phone? drive a car? walk in polluted streets.

Seriously - you have 1 000 000 of developing anything due to things around you...
Of course. That is why people telling others what we can and cannot do what our bodies (and tax people into oblivion) is ridiculous when these same people want to be able to do what they please with theirs without or with little restriction ! Do you get what I am saying?

When the shoe gets on the other foot these people get really itchy under the collar.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
sooo.. how often does a woman in the US have to see her doctor to get the perscription for the pill?
I had to once a year. That was a long time ago.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Ridiculous.

Why should she have to do that? How do you know she isn't already using a condom with her partner and also using birth control?
Using a condom does not guarantee you will not catch a STD nor does it guarantee the woman will not get pregnant when having sex with a man.

If you think a condom is 100% effective against STD's and pregnancy you are quite mistaken.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The new screening rules are now up to 3 years for a pap and physical. That's the thing, rules are changing so we do need to rethink what we are used to.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The new screening rules are now up to 3 years for a pap and physical. That's the thing, rules are changing so we do need to rethink what we are used to.
Thanks ObamaCare! Relax the rules to save money! Who cares about women's lives!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Up to, with a lot of qualifications.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
"Should birth control pills be sold over the counter?"

Only if the woman can provide proof she has no STD's.

Do not take this the wrong way, but there are plenty of ignorant people (men and women of all races) that think birth control prevents getting STD's.
If a woman tests positive for an STD = she should get pregnant

If a woman tests negative for STDs = she knows birth control does not prevent STDs

"of all races"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies