Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times

Advertisements

News media is a business just like oil companies. Black on white crimes don't sell as much as white on black crimes do. If any of us here think the news media is in the business only to report the news then you've been fooled. How many reading these posts go to work because they really like their jobs? It’s the money! I really like my job but I don't do it out of self-satisfaction, I need/want the money. To report news that won't sell will surely lead to signing up for unemployment.

White on black crimes sells more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
They cover it where I live, up here in libbie land, so I think someone is seriously exaggerating.

Show me an article of the major media covering any of this . Now and thern you get a fly by , but when its white on black it's always major news .

No wonder the blacks feel so victimized, if they watch the major media they'd think all white people do is sit around and think up bad things to do to them .

Old 07-10-2010, 11:20 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
And we have yet another thread based on the stupidity of bigots that will go on for 20 pages.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And we have yet another thread based on the stupidity of bigots that will go on for 20 pages.
Not if those of us who realize what you said to be true stay away from it.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:37 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
so yesterday's thread about race from the OP didn't go anywhere she hopes today to stir the sh*t today with this one. the Op should know there are other forums where she can get tons of support for the paranoid thinking for this OP

Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Anone ever see any major media reports of terrible crimes of blacks against whites ?
The OP has obviously never read a daily news paper, or watched the evening news.

Anyway...
"A 1994 Chicago study on violence in television news and "reality" programming (shows such as "COPS" and "Rescue 911") by Robert Entman, then an associate professor of communications at Northwestern University, found that, on average, stories about white victims of violent crimes lasted 74 percent longer than stories about black victims. The total time given to white victims was 2.8 times more than the total time devoted to both black and Hispanic victims."
Paying More Attention to White Crime Victims *|*American Journalism Review
In all of the analyses, Dixon said, blacks are overrepresented as perpetrators, whites are overrepresented as victims, and black-on-white crime is overrepresented relative to crime within racial groups. The overrepresentation is relative to police department crime statistics, not population.
Negative Perception Of Blacks Rises With More News Watching, Studies Say

Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Anone ever see any major media reports of terrible crimes of blacks against whites ?

The Horrible dragging deaths, the LaCross players and any other crime or accusation of white attacking blacks is 24/7 .

Yet more crimes against whites are commited by blacks .

One of the worse was the Christopher Newson and Channon Christian case . Even a black woman was involved in this torture, rape and mutilation by 6 blacks . She literily knawed off this girls breast with her feeding frenzy of hatred . Someone cut off the boys private part .This torture and mutilation went on for 4 days ! Anyone here hear about it ?

Why do you not see any whites out in the streets ralling for justice ?

The hate is growing and it will continue until it destroys us all !
i'm black and i never killed a white person in my life so where does that put me?? in fact i never committed no crime in my life.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Would you report the sun coming up in the morning?

Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
No but whites need to do like the blacks do and get oout and protest everytime a black hate crime like this happens .

Show both sides what hate can do .
the problem with white folks like you is that you have no life and live your life on news articles.

you think news articles cover up every hate crime against blacks???

well i was called the n word and almost jumped by a group of jews(who are white) and i never saw my article on the news.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Show me an article of the major media covering any of this . Now and thern you get a fly by , but when its white on black it's always major news .

No wonder the blacks feel so victimized, if they watch the major media they'd think all white people do is sit around and think up bad things to do to them .

Victim of vicious Riverside Park attack awake and talking to cops (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/07/08/2010-07-08_help_bust_mug_thug_victim_of_vicious_riverside_ park_attack_awake__talking_to_cop.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies