Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Republicans take control of Congress, will they try to impeach Obama?
Yes 24 25.26%
No 71 74.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times

Advertisements

The ONLY things the GOP need to do IF they take Congress is getting this country back on track. The nation is divided enough as it is. Impeaching Obama would step things up 10 notches on the divisive scale and it would be down right ugly.

My advice to them, take Congress, SHAPE UP, learn from your stupid mistakes, stop the good ole boy nonsense, start working for the people, and remember exactly why some of us our angry. We arent angry just at Obama and some Democrats, we are angry at atleast 75 percent of you for forgetting what your suppose to be there for and WHO YOUR BOSS IS! Its us! You will, eventually, be held accountable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,269,650 times
God I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Obama and I hope the GOP blocks everything he wants to pass, but impeaching him would cause a ton of rucus for no gain (seeing as how Biden would just take over) and would cause a big backlash. No thank you.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,420,131 times
If Republicans did impeach him it would be because he and his administration refused to uphold the constitution and enforce the laws of the land. The federal government`s statement of refusal to enforce the federal law on illegal persons caught by Arizona police is an impeachable offense due to the Constitutional Oath.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
If Republicans did impeach him it would be because he and his administration refused to uphold the constitution and enforce the laws of the land. The federal government`s statement of refusal to enforce the federal law on illegal persons caught by Arizona police is an impeachable offense due to the Constitutional Oath.
Again......if George W wasn't impeached for failing to protect American borders and enforcing anti-illegal immigration laws, how can President Obama be impeached for the same?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
I voted yes because I hope so.

He is a Kenyan national and needs to be deported.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
The Republicans would never impeach Obama, just like no Democrats would ever impeach a Republican President. There have been many times when I thought it should happen, and it never did. They're the elite Political Class, and they have their own rules that benefit them all quite well. You vote for my pork, I vote for yours. Your President destroys the American economy and Middle Class, then ours gets to run mad and blame the previous guy.

Elected officials don't "work for us" any more than your Town Cop does when he pulls you over to give you a $350 ticket in a speed trap, or your local Town Property Assessor does when he assesses your house at 40% more than the year before, even though market prices have dropped about 20% a year for the past 3 years.

Government works for itself, no matter what the political advertisements try to claim.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:11 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
They won't impeach since the pressing issue will be job creating to improve the economy. To impeach will break the nation apart.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
I can't stand Obama and I hope the GOP blocks everything he wants to pass.
For the most part, Republicans already do this by using the filibuster in the Senate.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure what the charges will be, but I have faith that some of our right-wing posters will come up with reasons why Obama should be impeached.
Of course not, because they'd never want to waste tax money like that. What else are you going to suggest next? Spend millions to go after the guy for getting oral sex from an intern or something?

Old 07-12-2010, 02:43 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Trick question. No way they are talking control of congress for a long time.
Want to wager?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies