Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Gee, what was Bush's bill for all of his 77 trips to Crawford.
Funny how that hasn't been addressed by the Obama haters.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Gee, what was Bush's bill for all of his 77 trips to Crawford.
Funny how that hasn't been addressed by the Obama haters.
I am shocked that the Standard for Obama is who you all claim is the worst president in history.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
He left on his vacation on Friday, and he is back in office today, so I hope you didn't miss him too much while he vacationed.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:58 AM

372 posts, read 221,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Two back to back contradictory posts. I don't get it??
They should just go away and stay away and let somebody else take the reins. Biden isn't great, or even good, but he isn't this POS we have now.

Carter and Clinton would have benefited the USA by taking their leave, stage left, and left for good.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
It is something just because its not to you doesnt mean its not to someone else

My husband and I went to a friends house for dinner this weekend. My husbands friend is seriously stressing because his company has warned people they might have to start laying people off.In the convo he brings up that while he is stressing about losing his job, his girlfriend is doing the job of 5 other people ( she is a manager and they had to let go of 5 people that worked in her dept) the president is taking another vacation, That it must be nice.

So Katiana, it might not be that big of a deal to you but please dont think that it isnt to some others.
So you think if he hadn't went away this weekend your friend wouldn't be in danger of losing his job? Do you think the president of your friends company is working 24/7 right now?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He left on his vacation on Friday, and he is back in office today, so I hope you didn't miss him too much while he vacationed.
And hes going to have a concert tonight. There was nothing else he could have been doing. All the countries massive problems are solved.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
So you think if he hadn't went away this weekend your friend wouldn't be in danger of losing his job? Do you think the president of your friends company is working 24/7 right now?
Well, he might be having lunch somewhere that someone on CD won't want him patronizing and there will be 3-4 threads on it tonight. The day is young!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
How do you think it makes someone feel that they are at risk of losing their job and they see the president taking so many vacations, or playing golf or having another concert like they are tonight? Seriously?

How would you feel if the company you work for tells you. Instead of going out to find business for the company so you can continue to have a job. I'm going to take a vacation. If you happen to lose your job in the process no worries blame the HR lady not me ( republicans) but just remember I care about you and your family

Some need to remember perception is reality.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
How do you think it makes someone feel that they are at risk of losing their job and they see the president taking so many vacations, or playing golf or having another concert like they are tonight? Seriously?

How would you feel if the company you work for tells you. Instead of going out to find business for the company so you can continue to have a job. I'm going to take a vacation. If you happen to lose your job in the process no worries blame the HR lady not me ( republicans) but just remember I care about you and your family

Some need to remember perception is reality.
Seriously? You really think this doesn't happen? Which reality are you currently living in

And I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I was in danger of losing my job it wouldn't have made me feel any better to know that the president slept in his own bed this weekend. Maybe we should just make him work 24 hours a day....oh but wait we'll also need to make sure all of our senators, congressmen and governors do the same....anyone know what you local government was doing this weekend?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,551,138 times
Quote:
I am shocked that the Standard for Obama is who you all claim is the worst president in history.
You guys keep harping on this. No one has said that President Obama can take almost as many vacation days as Bush took and it's "ok."

People are just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Right calling for President Obama's impeachment every time he hits a golf ball or watches a concert when they weren't doing the same for "their" guy over the last 8 years. President G.W. Bush set an all time high for days out of the White House. If you weren't loudly complaining then, then you shouldn't be complaining now when President Obama takes a weekend out of the White House with his family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies