Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 05:52 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Hopefully the NAACP will lose this one, agree?

Those that are of greater (as in "more") means can always pull their kids out of the public school system and go private.

Or worse, move and take their resources with them to greener pastures.
I would agree , they should focus on preventing the blacks form Falling into Crime in the Neighboring cities like Newark and Irvington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess it's easier to sue to dismantle the program then ask "how can we help to get more Blacks into Level 4 ?"
Exactly. This is why I don't pay any attention to them. For a group of educated people they do really stupid things?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Something tells me that anything the NAACP does is going to irk you and your ilk. The NAACP is right. AP classes are for those families who want a low cost public education but want to self-segregate. These people make the assumption that black kids are inferior, embracing a racist, bigoted ideology. Quite a shame. AP classes promote a false sense of superiority and the segregation does not benefit any of the students.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:16 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Something tells me that anything the NAACP does is going to irk you and your ilk. The NAACP is right. AP classes are for those families who want a low cost public education but want to self-segregate. These people make the assumption that black kids are inferior, embracing a racist, bigoted ideology. Quite a shame. AP classes promote a false sense of superiority and the segregation does not benefit any of the students.
I was in AP classes are through high school as was my younger brother so I'm not sure I understand your comment...can you explain?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I was in AP classes are through high school as was my younger brother so I'm not sure I understand your comment...can you explain?
Drive by poster....they won't be back to defend their post.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Glad I don't live in NJ, and if I did, I would be putting up the for sale sign ASAP. No way would I not want my kids in advanced classes when they've earned the right to be in them based on merit.

I don't get how AP classes can be viewed as racist. They are based on merit, not skin color, race/ethnicity, gender, etc. No wonder our country is lagging.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
I am pretty sure it benefit's the advanced students, that being the whole point and all. The rest of your post is too ridiculous to comment on.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:30 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,979 times
Quote:
wtf?

AP classes prepare you for AP tests.
AP tests earn you credit for college level course work.
Testing out of college level courses saves you time and money.
Doing well in AP classes also looks good on college applications.
High availability of AP classes in a school also makes the school/district look good and get ranked higher.
Higher ranking schools get more funds and resources and attract more people to move to that area - this is good for the city/district/students/residents.
Many people benefit from AP classes.
Any
student that studies hard, can learn the material, and scores well on the tests can benefit ... PERIOD

Old 07-18-2010, 03:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Simple solution - end public funding of education. That should please everyone...
(duck and cover!)
You must know that per pupil expenditures in places like DC, Detriot, are some of the highest in the nation. Last I checked, DC was getting approximately $15,000 per pupil - look at the results.

Quote:
That's funny, cause when my daughter took the AP Math exam, there were some blacks in there as well.

You know, some just have to face the fact that some kids are smarter than others and should not be held back. I'm pretty sure that those blacks kids that got in to Accel Geometry were happy as well and wouldn't want to be held back to make the other kids/parents/NAACP happy.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
The national association of always-complaining pinheads will never settle for equal opportunity-they demand equal outcomes.
This hits the nail on the head. And is the driving force behind many liberal agendas. People who are so bent out of shape that you can give two people the same tools and they will NOT DO THE SAME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies