Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times

Advertisements

The American Dream at present for many is to boot those out of office who have tried to kill the "dream" for us. To start using exponentially the power we have given away, take it back, turn DC upside down and inside out, shake out all the crap and crud, send 'em packing. And to learn from this eggregious mistake... NO MORE Teleprompter Wackos and America hating spouses. Forget the big phony smile and glib speeches, and all the trappings of a scheister dandy. Can we not find one honest, humble, real person of integrity who cares about this Nation and saving it from the swine pigging out on its largesse (what is left of it)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 AM

448 posts, read 534,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Our America is a land of dreams and opportunities. For the world, America engenders self-directed lives with freedoms that have long stood as a beacon of hope.
...Jesus Christ...Are you kidding me?...

You need a freakin' wake up call buddy.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:13 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
...Jesus Christ...Are you kidding me?...

You need a freakin' wake up call buddy.
No, he offered a pretty good summary.

The fact that there exists many disaffected Americans who take what they have and what is available to them in this country for granted doesn't mean that the qualities he pointed out that are admired by many others in the world don't exist.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM

448 posts, read 534,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
No, he offered a pretty good summary.

The fact that there exists many disaffected Americans who take what they have and what is available to them in this country for granted doesn't mean that the qualities he pointed out that are admired by many others in the world don't exist.
I'm taking it you've never been out of the "land of the free" and heard what people really think of this place.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
When our nation handed over 2 trillion dollars to Wall Street that no longer beholds America first, only as a base to work from, the fix was exposed for everyone to see clearly. How free are we really?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
I'm taking it you've never been out of the "land of the free" and heard what people really think of this place.
Yeah that's why so many people from all over the world are trying to get into America. Because its so horrible. There has never been a better place or time to live in human existence.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:09 PM

108 posts, read 99,195 times
lol .. everyone of these crack pots talk about throwing the bums out. I'm assuming your also refering the the Repub "Bums" who also voted for the 1st part of the "Wall Street" Bush bailout .. because they are STLL there lol.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
What is evident is that the 'American Dream' is materialism; owning stuff and more stuff, bigger stuff and more stuff. No one can talk of non-material things.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Yeah that's why so many people from all over the world are trying to get into America. Because its so horrible. There has never been a better place or time to live in human existence.
I still believe in the American dream.

We all can work hard and go to any College or University depending on your motivation when it comes to education. Any person Black, White, Asian or Hispanic that graduated from High School or received a G.E.D can get a loan from Fafsa.gov. Some places on this Earth will not provide loans to all its citizens, regardless of your credit history.

I'm proud of being an American. Yes I dislike the political atmosphere right now but I'm very happy I was born here. I'm living the American dream right now.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:24 PM

838 posts, read 922,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
It seems that the perceived meaning of the widely used term, "The American Dream" ... is widely varied. It certainly varies between generations (eg; pre/post WWII; pre/post the 'Sixties'; and now, pre/post the 2008-20## 'great recession'). It also varies greatly between Americans and those looking to America from less advantaged countries. 'The American Dream' also seems to vary along ethnic and racial lines ... as well as socio-economic lines.

Our America is a land of dreams and opportunities. For the world, America engenders self-directed lives with freedoms that have long stood as a beacon of hope.
What does 'The American Dream' mean to you TODAY ... and what do you think it will mean for your children and grandchildren?
Fighting to save America. Fighting against corporate globalism by voting out the Democrat and Republican parties which support it and lie to us all to get our votes and money, and in return we all get third world living conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies