Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times

Advertisements

It appears that GS took tax payer money and bailed out foreign banks :

You might recall that treasury sec Geithner was at the NY Federal Reserve that doled out the banksters loot. Here was his reaction :
Quote:
"I think it proves that he knew a lot more at the time than he told," Grassley said. "And he surely knew where this money was going to go. If he didn't, he should have known before they let the money out of their bank up there."
An attempt to reach Geithner Friday night through the White House public information office was unsuccessful.
Little Timmy is in hiding until he gets with Barnanke and the rest of Obama's bankster crew to get his talking points.And I bet i know what that talking point will be :
Quote:
There was no regulatory framework in place," Braley said. "We had to put something in place to begin reining them in. I'm confident they will begin to be able to do that."
The exact same excuse they used when the banksters walked away with 1.8 billion in bonuses. You can read the rest of this sad story here:
Goldman reveals where bailout cash went - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
of course! This is the plan! That whole wealth redistribution plan is NOT what people think it is. Obama made people believe it was to give to OUR poor. That couldn't be further from the truth, this is ALL about giving our money to foreign countries because our poor ARE the rich too when compared to the rest of the world. This was just an offhanded way of doing it.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
of course! This is the plan! That whole wealth redistribution plan is NOT what people think it is. Obama made people believe it was to give to OUR poor. That couldn't be further from the truth, this is ALL about giving our money to foreign countries because our poor ARE the rich too when compared to the rest of the world. This was just an offhanded way of doing it.
I do not see it that way at all,to me it has nothing to do with the poor.The point of the article is how the globalist banksters are tied together. From the story you will find that the bail out went to 2 big banks in England and 2 in Germany and the rest we do not know.
As you know it was our banks and investments that imploded and caused havoc to their banks and the market. And you also know that their central banks were bailing out their banks and they could not have been too happy about that.Enter the FR with 700 billion to the rescue with Geithner in NY passing out the loot
Here is one of the scams starting with AIG getting 85 billion {none payed back} with 13.5 billion going to GS and they in turn bail out foreign banks.And the banks owe the tax payer nothing,is that a good scam or what.So this does not have anything to do with the poor it just shows how the banksters control the system and our leaders.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
TARP was a blank check that required ZERO accountability or approval.
Paulsen and Bernake saw to that. And Congress approved it the way it was written.

If you want to lay blame..just look at Congress for handing out that money with ZERO accountability except that it be paid back.

Heck, GS wasn't even a bank until TARP was passed and then it became a bank holding company overnight.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
TARP was a blank check that required ZERO accountability or approval.
Paulsen and Bernake saw to that. And Congress approved it the way it was written.

If you want to lay blame..just look at Congress for handing out that money with ZERO accountability except that it be paid back.

Heck, GS wasn't even a bank until TARP was passed and then it became a bank holding company overnight.
It is so predictable that nothing will be done about GS and they will use the same excuse that I quoted above "no regs but we have them now" I posted one of my obnoxious spiels about Feinburg the great Obama pay czar and how they were talking tough about the CEO bonuses.At the end of the day they were crying and squawking and nothing was done.
It did not matter to the banksters who won the election,they have Geithner and if McCain would have won they might have had Gramm or some other {R} puppet and the results would have been the same. I do not know how anyone with a conscience and say they love this country could vote for anyone that supported the bail out.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Do you folks really think GS arbitrarily bailed out foreign banks? People seem to conveniently forget the entire world banking system was on the verge of collapse. IMO they took TARP funds and distributed the monies exactly where Washington told them to. DC couldn't be seen bailing out foreign banks, but no problem for GS. I suspect GS did nothing but act as an agent for the government.

Last edited by Dockside; 07-27-2010 at 08:17 AM..

Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Do you folks really think GS arbitrarily bailed out foreign banks? People seem to conveniently forget the entire world banking system was on the verge of collapse. IMO they took TARP funds and distributed the monies exactly where Washington told them to. DC couldn't be seen bailing out foreign banks, but no problem for GS. I suspect GS did nothing but act as an agent for the government.
That is a well thought conclusion,and I admit that a person has to rely on a lot of conjecture since none of us were a fly on the wall when the bail out was being discussed. And it is difficult to follow the money and I would imagine the banksters would want it that way. But it is just not posters on some forum that are questioning this and from the story Grassley/Warren seem concerned also.
It's kind of strange that if GS was "acting as a gvt agent " that Grassly/Warren would not be in the loop since both are a part of the gvt.Which would make your conclusion seem shaky if the gvt was the leading force wouldn't they tell them both to shut up and stick that subpoena up ..........
Or could it be that Warren/Grassly are the cover up agents to make it look like it was all GS and our gvt is outraged that money went to foreign banks.Either way does not matter the globalist banksters fleeced us and that is the bottom line.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
If GS is working with the Fed, then no one from Congress needs to know.
Remember, the Fed is independent and privately owned.

Recall that the Audit the Fed bill failed in it's original form. Oh the secrets that would have uncovered as the Fed has exemptions to the normal GAO audit.

United States Code: Title 31,714. Audit of Financial Institutions Examination Council, Federal Reserve Board, Federal reserve banks, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Comptroller of the Currency | LII / Legal Information Institute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies