Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Yep...it's a love fest.

Bread and circuses...........
They all get on mine, including the conservative one. They all sound like a bunch of loud clucking hens to me. The first thing I thought of when I heard "Obama/The View" is no TV news shows for me that day because I don't want to be subjected to the clips of those women. It's either that or turn down the volume until the clip is over. There are other women's voices on TV news shows that impact me the same way. Margaret Hoover comes to mind immediately. I channel surf away from The O'Reilly Factor when her segment comes on. It's not what they say. It's their voices. If Joy Behar became a Limbaugh conservative overnight I still wouldn't watch her show because of her voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
Yup, and her horse laugh.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
As long as there is a teleprompter .....no problem
Too bad he will have a chance to rehurse his answers since probable none of the questions will be asked without POTUS knowing upfront...so he won't need a teleprompter...just his memory and that seems to work fine.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:53 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
I'm glad our President thinks the View is more important then The Boy Scouts. the Scouts are nothing more than a right wing terrorist training group anyhow

CNSNews.com - Obama Won (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/69988 - broken link)

Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
These people are so afraid of Obama that they watch his every move. The guy can't even go onto a talk show without it being whipped into some hysterical Mother Goose Tale (conspiracy).

Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If you are not a liberal at 20 you have no heart, if you are not a conservative at 40 you have no brain!

I guess Obama has neither....thousand have no job.

The economy is in shackles, Obama is requesting for BP's Tony to be fired and now Obama announced to go on The View!

I'm lost for words....

You act as if he'll be asked anything that isn't approved prior. You and both know he'll be given softball questions, and you'll see the cackling ladies just gushing over him.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:26 PM

130 posts, read 235,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
These people are so afraid of Obama that they watch his every move. The guy can't even go onto a talk show without it being whipped into some hysterical Mother Goose Tale (conspiracy).

This Obama commie won't even promote civics and good deeds at the BSA Jamboree, gotta go argue with Hasselbeck instead that's ALOT more critical than his failed economic rebound isn't it! HYPOCRIT!!!!!!!!!!! Do the right thing means somethin' elso to this idiot in office..............not "fishing" either!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:29 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If you are not a liberal at 20 you have no heart, if you are not a conservative at 40 you have no brain!

I guess Obama has neither....thousand have no job.

The economy is in shackles, Obama is requesting for BP's Tony to be fired and now Obama announced to go on The View!

I'm lost for words....

Me too, he should know he could suck a lot more people in with a meaningless dog & pony show on an aircraft carrier.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,523 times
too bad arsenio's not still on. then he could have went on a real talk show

Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
At this point, with all the criticism he gets I bet he would be RELIEVED if Hillary wanted to run. I wouldn't be surprised if come re-election time he announces he will not run for a second term.

I wouldn't blame him. No president has ever been so criticized, scrutinized and just plain disrespected as Obama.
Plain and simple...you go on the View to campaign. Once you are the President you give speeches from the Oval Office and quit campaigning!!!!

Yes, Obama has been criticized, scrutinized and just plain disrespected. And in every speech he makes he blames every problem that he has (as our current president) On Bush. And I don't know where you get your news but Bush never had it easy. He is blamed for the wars that congress passed. He is blamed for the economy that was caused by a Democrat congress. He is blamed for WMD that weren't found but the intellegence agencies and world leaders ALL believed were there.

Obama has been the most polarizing president of my lifetime. He says he wants to work with republicans but hides everything behind closed doors. He signs pay-go then blames republicans when they want UI paid for. Political grandstanding at it's finest.

He crammed a healthcare bill down our throats that will invade our privacy and cost us a fortune. He did that with ALL the dems. Dems will have to own this when all the details come out. People are already learning that BMI will be a part of our medical charts. Wait until people with STDs are told who they can sleep with. People that think this is going to HELP them are no better than the lady waiting for Obama to fill her gas tank and pay her mortgage.

Obama called for Tony of BP to be fired and it takes him 6 weeks to get it done. He tells people to go south on vacation to help their economy yet he goes north. I really wonder what the British think of our president telling a British company who they should employ.

But then when it comes to sealing our border, Obama can't do that because it would upset Calderone. Dems actually gave Calderone a standing ovation!
Our economy is in the toilet and unemployment is rampant but we're letting anyone and everyone come in and take our jobs and use our services. He's SELLING the American people for the votes of illegals and felons.

Yes I feel sorry for Obama. He is being criticized, scrutinized and just plain disrespected. But maybe if he would treat the people of the United States with as much respect as he treats those from other countries that wouldn't be the case. Maybe if he would grow past his experience of a community organizer (campaigner) and decide to BE the President people would respect him. Does he realize the election is over and he needs to address things like unemployment and the economy? Or does he think just blaming Bush will make everything go away?

His election was unprecidented and I love the fact that a racial barrier was torn down. But he is polarizing and race has taken a step backwards IMO.
That makes me sad as I am from a mixed race family.

Democrats are going to have to own all of this before long. I can only hope that his second 2 years are not a repeat of the first two.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 07-28-2010 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies