Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 02:37 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They can be normal and decent when they're around you, but when they are around people of their own religion you have NO idea what goes on behind closed doors and what is said.
Well, that goes for everyone then, right? Because you can never know what people say and do when you are not around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrome View Post
Funny, over the past 10 years our christian nation has killed millions of Muslims on their soil ....
Are you sure it's not a billion or a gazillion muslims killed by Christians?

Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM

531 posts, read 338,234 times
Weather Underground was an orginization that did bombings. They went to catholic school and most I believe were born christian.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:05 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
There are many Muslims of high moral character, and they somehow manage to be that way despite their culture. Islam, however, is undeniably, absolutely evil and destructive.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:23 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Considering some of the words I've heard spewed at a relative's Christian church on different occassions, I feel comfortable stating that there are just as many nutso Christians as there are nusto Muslims, etc.

Yikes.
I'm guessing you didn't do very well in math class.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Welcome

One thing I find interesting (not addressed to you, Mac_Muz, just relating to the topic in general)... as I've mentioned before, we've got a huge middle eastern population here in Michigan. Not all middle eastern people are Muslim. There's actually a rather large population of Chaldeans. It's an Eastern sect of the Roman Catholic Church.

As a private contractor, I've worked with a lot of businesses in the Dearborn area, doing web design, setting up databases for smaller companies (inventory tracking, financial records, etc.), setting up small networks, just generally helping with their IT needs. It's how I met several of my middle eastern friends (Muslim and Chaldean both).

A lot of the mistrust really is a mistrust of middle easterners, who are presumed to be Muslim... the presumption is based on their appearance, language, accent, names, etc. The two are intrinsically associated in our minds, even though a person is not necessarily BOTH Muslim and middle eastern. Not to mention that there are white Muslims, black Muslims, asian Muslims, etc. Likewise there are white/black/asian middle easterners. And Chaldeans.

Lumping people together based on appearance, based on race, based on religion, based on gender... just rarely turns out well. We need to deal with individuals AS individuals, not based on the fact that they happen to belong to a certain group - and in turn judging them based on the worst of that group.

I'm not pro-Muslim, pro-Christian, pro-Atheism, pro-whatever. I am pro-treating individuals as they themselves deserve to be treated, based on their actions, their behaviors, their conduct... not on those who claim to represent them, not on those who claim kinship with them. I prefer to let people speak for themselves and listen to what they themselves say... not what someone else says for them OR about them.
That's fair, and with out pretending to know a thing about Michigan from NH, other than I was there once a logn time ago, I agree with your head and way of thinking. people come in many forms. like there is good cops and bad cops.

Of my expereince with middle easterners is the few I encountered are stupid dumber than a rock, but arrogant. That can include medical inturn doctors that would be better in voo doo. I am not so sure they can do much for me in a medical anything I can't do by myself.

What I don't want is to recieve a fake smile and then need to watch my back. It gets like that and someone could become unhappy.

I got no beef with you either. So far as I can tell you never yet tried to kill me.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
One? Oh it's wayyyyyy more than one. Look at all the Christians that yell and scream at women outside of Planned Parenthood. Look at all the Christians in this country trying to make ALL Americans live under THEIR idea of "right".

It's millions. They are just sneakier.

yeah once , one time a right wing wacko shot up a planned parent hood place. Yeah that's right. meanwhile in late term, medical doctors are stabbing sissors in the craniums of would be born at the time of induced labor, yeah that's a lot better huh? There is a little difference from screaming and making 8 month pregnat trailer trash uncomfortable mentally, for a few moments, over pushing cripples of cruise ships and threating other people at gun point. And or blowin planes out of the sky, and or smashing planes into buildings, and or taking hostages in a movie theater, and or blowing up train stations, and or machine gunning the hungery who are trying to get food off and sorted from Nato trucks and other like trucks.

You gotta be a royal trip to live with. I almost suspect you were one of the late term abortions, yer head ain't on any too tight is it! THAT AIN'T A QUESTION.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
No but there have been plenty of evidence of Christian soldiers scrawling religious epithats, Scripture, etc on the bombs that they drop.
YUP, And we wired the Peace medals Japan gave us to the bombs we dropped on their cites too, You might be interested that untill the Goobermint banned the Christyian scrip on gun site common to the M-16 for 40 years they were made with Christian scriptuers code. The family tht made MONEY making and selling gun sites to the Govt thought to thank their God for their liveyhood, a personal and private and personal matter to that family. 40 years and everyone thought it was a part number.

I am not keen on anyone elses religon, they all tell me there is no Valhalia, and I can't get into Heaven. I had 3 christian wise men come to my home invited by my wife. I was asked a few questions I didn't care for and sent them right back down the road. I do that and don't think twice about it.

I would do that to anyone asking me questions about a God, not my god. Chances are no one here shares the god i think is the creator, so I am safe.
On the bother hand I just might be in my version of heaven alone which is fine by me.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people will treat your religion better, no matter what it is, if you own your own stuff. there is a big hole left in NYC from 911. address that and it will get better.
it's hard to own something that you had nothing to do with.

Who do you want to own it? The muslim I work with, who has never been to NYC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why aren't the World Trade Center Spot Mosque Muslims more tolerant of of the feeling of families and friends of the people who died there. Why are we always the ones who have to be tolerant? How many synagogues and churches do you think are in Saudi Arabia?
Part of America is liberty & freedom right?

You gotta allow that for everyone then.

The point is, as soon as you decide that all muslims are evil, that afghanistan or iraq or iran should be bombed, bombed, bombed... you are no better than the people you want to destroy.

Whether the innocent person lives in USA or Iraq, they deserve to live in peace.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How is this possible? Yes, some did celebrate 9/11. And also after 9/11 Muslims were writing to newspapers, going on television, reaching out to condemn the attacks. Interfaith organizations were being formed (and still exist) to foster communication and work together on social problems. Yet you seem to have "never heard" any of this, only saw the bad stuff? C'mon.

Until recently, I was naive enough to believe that "I never heard of Muslims condemning terrorism" was a real statement, and in response would post articles that demonstrated otherwise. No one ever responded, no one ever said, "gee, I didn't know this", and now I realize it's just part of the mindset of hate. It's standard rhetoric amongst the bigotry crowd.

I already responded to Wingsy. Read back. I get pretty busy keeping up with the loon fringe like the Clintons who started 9-11. That blue dress was one hell of a bomb shell. While Bill was banging Monica with a cigar, and trying to figure out the word IS, he was also shooting missiles into the Middle East. 'Wdubah' had no choice sinjce he inherited 9-11. Sure he mishandled everything. So had the chosen one.

I have a son and his son will be paying the chosen ones debt off to China, but that circles right back to Bilol Clinton, who sold our labor to China.

If people are less than 50 years old they don't know a thing. When they are a 20 something they can't catch up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies