Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
[/color]

Okay, but Bush and Cheney weren't the only ones who thought the war was necessary: all your favorites were right on board, to include the Clintons, Reid, Pelosi and probably many more. Congress does the dirty work.

*** When did we get out of Iraq?
Based on lies; Bush LIED to everyone about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTreulle` View Post
How are things out there in left field? All by yourself, you say!!! Yes, it is a bit lonesome out there by yourself. No Fly balls, just lots of nuts.
Please tell me what he stated is incorrect.
I’ll wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Yeah, it was all this big lie that Bush came up with and some how persuaded Congress to vote for war.

No one is saying there wasnt faulty intelligence, but to come up with this baseless "lie" nonsense is ridiculous. Out of all of those who HATED Bush, all the media that HATED Bush, if there was evidence of this "lie" itd be out there and he'd face charges. There was no lie.

Like I said Congress voted for this. Many on both sides of the aisle thought war was the right thing to do at the time, based on the evidence THEY saw.

The continuing bs of these "lie" conspiracy theories, and putting every thing at the foot of one man when evidence clearly shows not only was the war not his sole doing but the state of the economy was not solely his fault either, is cowardly and ignorant.

But why is it I have a feeling you and others will still spew this baseless, false, garbage?
Yellow cake.
The name Plame sound familiar?
Collusion with Blair to start a war…

The Afghanistan War was Planned Months Before the 9/11 Attacks
Bush Sought ‘Way’ To Invade Iraq? - 60 Minutes - CBS News
US planned war in Afghanistan long before September 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Great. Then now is about time for him to step up to the plate and start addressing PTSD, in time for my brothers to come home.
You might want to see the lowered requirements and implementation. It’s on line, you can look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
My respect for President G.W. Bush comes from the fact that he stepped away from his political party's ideological BS to prevent an economy from slipping into depression.

Here's to putting country above ideology Mr. President! Only if you had done it with Iraq; only if....
And how did he do this? I’m interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb The two sides of Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
President Bush surprises the troops | Facebook

Hot Air » Photos: Bush surprises returning troops at Dallas airport

Im sorry, but you cant fake this. You cant fake George W. Bush's view and respect for our military. With Barry, it has the feel of a publicity stunt for photo ops. You dont get that realness feeling to it.

While I disagree with some of Bush's ideology and actions, he earned a lot of respect from me for his love for the military servicemen.

God bless George W. Bush and I have to give it to him for letting Barry do his thing and not getting involved. A president has enough fire coming from all directions usually that they dont need an ex-prez to chime in. Though Barry has only recently really started to get much heat from the media but thats a different story.

George and his wife have been very classy. I think they are wrong on some things politically, but they are classy.
Here in Texas, Dubya has long had a reputation for personal charm and humor. He's a likable guy on a personal level. And his meeting the troops was a classy act, no doubt.

But the truth of the matter is that he didn't have a personal relationship with the American public. His responsibility was to govern in the nation's best interest. In that, he performed poorly.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:22 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"Mission accomplished" = Lie
"Mission accomplished" was the truth. Just because you do not understand what the mission was doesn't make it a lie.

Try educating yourself next time.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:35 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Based on lies; Bush LIED to everyone about this.

Please tell me what he stated is incorrect.
I’ll wait.

Yellow cake.
The name Plame sound familiar?
Collusion with Blair to start a war…

The Afghanistan War was Planned Months Before the 9/11 Attacks
Bush Sought ‘Way’ To Invade Iraq? - 60 Minutes - CBS News
US planned war in Afghanistan long before September 11

You might want to see the lowered requirements and implementation. It’s on line, you can look it up.

And how did he do this? I’m interested.
"Based on lies; Bush LIED to everyone about this." This is a partial list of quotes made BEFORE Bush became President.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

It has been posted so many times it's sads that Moderator cut: personal attack keep repeating the same old garbage.

As far as Bush respecting the military, I will turn it around and say the military respect Bush a whole helleva lot more than Obama. look at the re-enlistments under Bush. Look at how many of our military volunteered to go back to Iraq 2, 3 and 4 times. Many after loosing limbs.

Watch and see the re-enlistment numbers under Obama.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2010 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Deleted personal comments

Old 08-14-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
"Mission accomplished" was the truth. Just because you do not understand what the mission was doesn't make it a lie.

Please enlighten us.
What was the mission, the media never figured it out.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Based on lies; Bush LIED to everyone about this." This is a partial list of quotes made BEFORE Bush became President.

[/font][/color]
It has been posted so many times it's sads that Moderator cut: personal attack keep repeating the same old garbage. Grow up and accept reality.

As far as Bush respecting the military, I will turn it around and say the military respect Bush a whole helleva lot more than Obama. look at the re-enlistments under Bush. Look at how many of our military volunteered to go back to Iraq 2, 3 and 4 times. Many after loosing limbs.

And the information was falsified.
There were weapons inspectors who found nothing.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2010 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text and your response to it.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
There were weapons inspectors who found nothing.

You posted a lie and I called you on it.

"And the information was falsified". Prove it.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Please enlighten us.
What was the mission, the media never figured it out.
If you were to get your information somewhere other than the lame stream media, you might have known.

"AP
The President said he also wished he had not used such aggressive rhetoric leading up to and during the war.

The US president told CNN that the triumphant words hoisted on the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003 were meant to cheer up the troops "They had a sign that said 'Mission Accomplished.' It was a sign aimed at the sailors on the ship, but it conveyed a broader knowledge. To some it said, well, Bush thinks the war in Iraq is over, when I didn't think that. But nonetheless, it conveyed the wrong message," he said. "

Bush Regrets 'Mission Accomplished' Banner - Telegraph

Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

It has been posted so many times it's sads that Moderator cut: personal attack keep repeating the same old garbage.

There is an extensive rebuttal to your post at snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

Quote:
All of the quotes listed above are substantially correct reproductions of statements made by various Democratic leaders regarding Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's acquisition or possession of weapons of mass destruction. However, some of the quotes are truncated, and context is provided for none of them - several of these quotes were offered in the course of statements that clearly indicated the speaker was decidedly against unilateral military intervention in Iraq by the U.S. Moreover, several of the quotes offered antedate the four nights of airstrikes unleashed against Iraq by U.S. and British forces during Operation Desert Fox in December 1998, after which Secretary of Defense William S. cohen and Gen. Hnery H. Shelton (chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff) announced the action had been successful in "degrad[ing] Saddam Hussein's ability to deliver chemical, biological and nuclear weapons."
Inquiring minds do not mindlessly reproduce viral emails without first checking them out...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2010 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Not a lie. It marked the end of major combat.

As if no other presidents have ever done PR stunts!

What about all those "darth" Democrats who voted to take action against Iraq?
"Mission accomplished" was the truth. "

ONLY so far as Bush's job was to start a war in Iraq...and he accomplished that. But to say Mission Acomplished and then ignore all the maimings and years of death that followed is stupid, disrespectful, and definitely UNclassy.

""It marked the end of major combat.""

WHAT!? You MISSED the last 8 years!!! What was THAT ...a snowball fight!

"""What about all those "darth" Democrats who voted to take action against Iraq?""

They were fed Bush administration lies and the stage was set so that anyone who disagreed was labeled Un-American, Un-Patriotic and treasonous.....even though they were right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies