Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
I did not vote for Bush and spoke out against his decisions and policies many times. But I have defended him when I thought he was right and that was about 3 times. I think this is a class act and really he did not have to do nothing but stay at the ranch. Unlike Cheney,Bush has also stayed out of the nations bussiness and let Obama be POTUS and kept his opinions to himself.
Say what you want about Bush who I never have liked but one thing that does not stick is him and laura lack class.
Easy to do when you lack the capacity and/or inclination to form an opinion.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
My respect for President G.W. Bush comes from the fact that he stepped away from his political party's ideological BS to prevent an economy from slipping into depression.

Here's to putting country above ideology Mr. President! Only if you had done it with Iraq; only if....

Old 08-13-2010, 08:47 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
President Bush surprises the troops | Facebook

Hot Air » Photos: Bush surprises returning troops at Dallas airport

Im sorry, but you cant fake this. You cant fake George W. Bush's view and respect for our military. With Barry, it has the feel of a publicity stunt for photo ops. You dont get that realness feeling to it.

While I disagree with some of Bush's ideology and actions, he earned a lot of respect from me for his love for the military servicemen.

God bless George W. Bush and I have to give it to him for letting Barry do his thing and not getting involved. A president has enough fire coming from all directions usually that they dont need an ex-prez to chime in. Though Barry has only recently really started to get much heat from the media but thats a different story.

George and his wife have been very classy. I think they are wrong on some things politically, but they are classy.

Barry has a special fondness for the troops..................... of China and the old USSR. He obviously hates the military and has repeatedly expressed overt and subtle contempt for the military, as he recognizes that they are an impedement to his complete rule over the US.

I would venture that even liberals are shocked at the contempt that Lord Barry expresses toward the military, as even the most ardent leftist does not hate America as much as he does.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And numbers from 2009 through 2010 ? And how many visits did Obama have with the troops ?

He seems to spend more time in DC firing his Generals that disagree with him.

Mr Bush fired many Generals and even stole from a few a star so that their retirement pensions would be reduced to that of the lower rank.

These Generals included Eric Shinseki, Army Chief of Staff.
Ricardo S Sanchez Commander of the US Forces that invaded Iraq,
and Janis Karpinski who commanded US Military Police in Iraq and was the designated fall girl for Abu Ghraib.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:33 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
President Bush surprises the troops | Facebook

Hot Air » Photos: Bush surprises returning troops at Dallas airport

Im sorry, but you cant fake this. You cant fake George W. Bush's view and respect for our military. With Barry, it has the feel of a publicity stunt for photo ops. You dont get that realness feeling to it.

While I disagree with some of Bush's ideology and actions, he earned a lot of respect from me for his love for the military servicemen.

God bless George W. Bush and I have to give it to him for letting Barry do his thing and not getting involved. A president has enough fire coming from all directions usually that they dont need an ex-prez to chime in. Though Barry has only recently really started to get much heat from the media but thats a different story.

George and his wife have been very classy. I think they are wrong on some things politically, but they are classy.
George sent thousands of troops to death to settle a personal vendetta against Saddam and make some friends and donors richer.

So, no, I don't consider that respect for the troops sorry.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Liberals are very small-minded people. It doesn't take a whole lot of reading on subjects like Israel, Russia, Saudia Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, and the CIA to understand the big picture.

Those who latch onto the "lie" that led to the Iraq war are peons in geopolitical intellect. It's fun to watch these Mighty Mites of the Left being trampled by world affairs, and they don't even know it.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
My respect for President G.W. Bush comes from the fact that he stepped away from his political party's ideological BS to prevent an economy from slipping into depression.

Here's to putting country above ideology Mr. President! Only if you had done it with Iraq; only if....

What nonsense, the effort to prevent the country from cratering was the handiwork of Ben Bernake, Tim Gaithner and Hank Paulson. Bush was distinguished by his cowering in the oval office and failure to put any pressure on the GOP to get behind the rescue which Pelosi and Reid had to get through Congress. If the Democrats had been like the GOP we'd have a different America today. One with an economy 30-40% smaller and 30-40 million newly empowered jobless Americans instead of the 8 million we have now.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals are very small-minded people.
ikr I'm soooo small minded that I make generalizations all the time.

OH WAIT....

Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
ikr I'm soooo small minded that I make generalizations all the time.

OH WAIT....
Yes, I generalized. This forum gives me plenty of ammuntion to do that. All one has to do is read through the comments in this thread and its quite easy to see just who the small-minded folks are: The ones who hang their hat on the "lie" that led to the Iraq War.

Like I said. Plenty of ammunition. Read up. Maybe one day you'll realize what a herd of sheep you folks have really become.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 PM

One thing distinguishes Obama from Bush. Bush never had the guts to go to Dover AFB or Arlington Miltary National Cemetary and salute a single American who had given the last full measure of devotion to his country and who was returning home for the final time.
President Obama did.

Vice President Biden did as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies