Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support having seperate Sharia Courts in the US for Muslims?
Yes 1 2.63%
No 37 97.37%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,144,567 times

Advertisements

Yes or no. Pretty simple. There are those in this country, that share a goal of instating Sharia Law in our land. They wish to have, first, separate courts for Muslims. One of these individuals is the radical Imam who gets tax dollars to go over seas and who is planning to build a mosque near the WTC site.

If you look at this man's words, he makes no secret of his wished. He stated that he wishes to see the US have different court systems for different religions.

Also, take note of his book title:

The original Malaysian title for Imam Rauf’s book was ‘A Call to Prayer from the World Trade Center Rubble: Islamic Da’wah From the Heart of America Post-9/11′. Robert Spencer explains:
“Da’wah is Islamic proselytizing. And in the Islamic law, da’wah precedes jihad. You call the nonbelievers to Islam. And if they refuse to accept it, then you initiate the jihad against them. But the whole goal of both da’wah and jihad is to impose Islamic law or Sharia upon the nonbelievers as a political system, not as a religious one.”
And this goes out to you so oh to tolerate liberals.

Here are some passages from the great peaceful Quran: http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/quran_teaches.htm

One in particular:

"4:89 They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,”

Another:

8:12
I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

Moreover Allah says of those who reject him. Because, Allah has already sentenced them to death.

Last edited by BucsLose; 08-14-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 08:39 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,964,099 times
Although you are being disingenuous in your post, which really takes away any merit it may have had, I'll vote anyway.

No, we should not have Sharia law or any other alternative judicial system in this country, eventhough we already do.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,336,843 times
If they want to have some Islamic mediation outlets I don't care. But, if you live here you must abide by our laws and not subvert them for some other judicial system.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,792,165 times
This is a SECULAR country and it will remain such. There are very few things I would advocate picking up a gun over but this is one. I am not going to live in a nation ruled by religious nutcases.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:51 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,633,415 times
Honor killings, though more culture than Sharia law, have occurred in the U.S. And police departments don't make a lot of effort to pursue absconded perpetrators

A woman's view of "moral equivalence" and Sharia's implementation:

YouTube - Muslim Honor Killings, Maryam Namazie

Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,351,628 times
There is no place for religion in America's court system! It's bad enough that personal politics can influence a judges decision. But religion? Heck no!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,446,175 times
No we have our laws and our courts. I am not sure why they come here if they don't want their daughters and/or wives to become "westernized". If you come here you obey our laws and if you don't you go through our courts. PERIOD!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 AM

20,351 posts, read 19,965,366 times
No thanks. I don't subscribe to that "living, breathing" nonsense when it comes to our legal process. I prefer what our Founding Fathers set up for us.

Then again, as a hetero male, I'm not too sure it would have much of an effect on me if we went total, hog nuts Sharia.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 AM

15,877 posts, read 21,477,351 times
I have no problem with it so long as it is used in the way that Jewish law is used in the Hassidic community- as a form of mediation that does not break any US law.

But then again, why bother? People who are against Sharia law have obviously not taken the time to read the Koran, read neutral sources about Sharia, nor studied on how the mediation process would work if they think that means suddenly honor killings will become the thing to do.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,755,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
There is no place for religion in America's court system! It's bad enough that personal politics can influence a judges decision. But religion? Heck no!
You obviously are ignorant where our laws and system of justice come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies