Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Obama's religion?
Christian 59 49.17%
Muslim 34 28.33%
Other 9 7.50%
Don't know 18 15.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh, nothing, I suppose. You just got me thinking about ignorance and stupidity.
I agree. Obama should just admit it already. What is he afraid of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What I do understand is that Americans have a right to choose their religion. Obama is an American. If he attends a Christian church and says he's a Christian, then I think it's ridiculous to insist that he's a Muslim.
Yes, we know they have a right. You are confusing church and state, I think. According to the tenets of Islam, Obama is a Muslim, period. And furthermore, he behaves as if his loyalties lie with Islamic people.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Yes, we know they have a right. You are confusing church and state, I think. According to the tenets of Islam, Obama is a Muslim, period. And furthermore, he behaves as if his loyalties lie with Islamic people.
His father and mother didn't practice Islam. His grandfather was a Muslim and I'm assuming other family members on his father side are Muslims because Africa has lots of Muslims.

According to the Bible Obama is a Christian, so I leave it at that.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's hilarious really. In order for the Muslims to be in the USA rolling in the American money they lust after, they must snuggle up with the pro-homosexual, pro-abortion, pro-anything goes liberals.

Now the Muslims even have their first Miss Muslim USA who strips and pole dances. And they get to have the liberals in the USA insist for them that Muslims are free to convert and try out other religions as they choose.

I hope you liberals actually do succeed in destroying Islam. Redefine it all you please - I prefer the liberals' definitions of it a whole lot more than the Muslims' definitions.
Well, you're praying for the destruction of a religion you hate. What a surprise! But don't worry about it... if it ain't yours, shouldn't be your business.

As for the likeness between Islam and your personal beliefs (can I call it Christian Zionism?) as far as personal rights are concerned (homosexuality, personal choices...) yes, y'all share the boat. Thanks for pointing at similarities I didn't bother to mention earlier for sake of brevity. Anyway, back to the point I was making... liberals tend to stand for minority causes and against oppression. You're part of the majority, right? I can see why you would be pissed.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:28 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
More like he's behaving as if he actually cares about the freedom of religion.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Good to know that. According to the tenets of Islam, Jesus too is a Muslim.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, he's not. He's considered a Jew, and therefore a "believer," but revered as a prophet.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:37 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
No, he's not. He's considered a Jew, and therefore a "believer," but revered as a prophet.
Jews are considered "believers" in Islam? I guess that means Palestine and Israel have been fighting all this time for nothing.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Kind of difficult as Jesus well born long before Mohammed showed up.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:00 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
How on Earth can anyone say that Obama is muslim? Have they seen him face Mecca to pray? Is he fasting now, during the holy time?

Just because his name may SOUND muslim doesn't mean he is. Seriously, anyone who honestly believes he's a muslim needs to be checked for insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies