Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 07:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Okay, okay. I propose no more sales taxes, no more income taxes, no more government, and I will solve ALL of your problems forever!

Vote for me!

Paid for by hard work typing on a keyboard.
^^^ Empty promises is what has brought our country to the position it is in. Just words....

Actions speak. Industry speaks. Stealing from the pockets of the productive minority in this economy, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
^^^ Empty promises is what has brought our country to the position it is in. Just words....

Actions speak. Industry speaks. Stealing from the pockets of the productive minority in this economy, not so much.
And who is proposing the empty promises of which I just wrote about?

I'll answer if you assume it is rhetorical. Republicans.

Hmm...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
he looked like a cut out cardboard with his mouth moving
what a total hack
and he is a complete bore

Old 09-01-2010, 08:22 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
<snip>He really needs to ignore those angry voices who will criticize minutia and will never be swayed or satified...until the "White" House has been "Restored it's Honor".
By and large he is thank goodness.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Quite an over-generalization don't you think? How many people do you know that refuse to attain an income?

In your book, unemployment benefits are entitlement' programs, right? Obviously, people who lost their job are lazy and looking for handouts. I'm sorry isn't a perfect society for you, but when you lose your job, I'm sure you'll be excited to be thrown on your ass with nothing to complain about.

Most are lazy now because they still think they're worth X amount from their previous job. They don't want to take a pay cut or face the fact they may now have to work 2 jobs to get by.Maybe they should've lived within their means better and saved more instead of spending like drunken sailors! Instead it's easier for them to sit around and complain and keep collecting!The only ones I feel for are those who are disabled or had huge unforeseen medical expenses!

BTW...2 friggin years is plenty long to get off your a$$ and find a job!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
he looked like a cut out cardboard with his mouth moving
what a total hack
and he is a complete bore
Ya, it was, FOR REPUGS, so BORING to learn that the war is ending in Iraq....how sad for them, less American soldiers dying and being maimed...NO expression of happiness that troops will be coming home....

Guess Beck's ""Love and Unity Through Geese Flying and Bagpipes" Rally didn't have any real affect...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:56 AM

516 posts, read 375,877 times
God, you leftists are pathetic. It's like having a bunch of junior high school students here. You want to know why you're going to get slaughtered in November? Read posts from the likes of Yes You...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Back to School Night, and I missed the speech.
Naw, same speech, different night. You didn't miss anything other than the new Oval Office decor; all dressing, no substance.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Is there even one repuke here that listened to the address?

Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
By and large he is thank goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
God, you leftists are pathetic. It's like having a bunch of junior high school students here. You want to know why you're going to get slaughtered in November? Read posts from the likes of Yes You...
It's actually kind of amusing. All of these pages, and not a single post from the left that really discussed the address or the message. Just a lot of attacks against those REPUGS!!

You know...THOSE righties that love to see troops maimed and killed!!!!

The REPUGS who are SORRY to see the war end!!!!!

OK, just wanted to see if it was fun to type like that.
Not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies